Senior Director Project Management
Senior Director Project Management
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
We are currently looking for someone to join the Project Management Department. The purpose of the role is to develop and deliver the project management strategy for the delivery of all Candidate Development customer projects and integration across our Quotient Sciences translational pharmaceutics platform. Using your people leadership experience you will develop a high performing project management team and be able to establish and implement clear development and succession plans, alongside partnering across the business to ensure delivery of the Quotient Sciences strategy and business objectives. The position will be accountable for project management activities which will include customer satisfaction and delivery targets.
The role of Senior Director of Project Management will contribute to the site SLT and be tasked with the deliverance of a continued culture of customer service excellence, ensuring the customer offering is always of the highest standard so that Quotient Sciences win a project premium through our excellence. Adhering to GXP guidelines and regulations you will be responsible for ensuring compliance through the quality framework and follow procedures that govern the work performed in this role.
We are seeking a candidates with the significant experience who have demonstrated excellent communication skills, business and financial acumen, data literacy and the ability to help us build our business, particularly with integration and acceleration in mind in line with our manifesto.
- To develop a high performing project management team, with development and succession plans in place.
- Accountable for Project Management activities including customer satisfaction (quality) and delivery (time and cost) targets.
- To deliver a continued culture of customer service excellence ensuring the customer offering is always of the highest standard so that we win a project premium through our excellence.
- To work across the Business Units to ensure delivery of the Quotient’s strategy and business objectives.
- To comply and adhere to GXP guidelines and regulations as required of this role.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance through the Quality framework and follow procedures that govern the work performed in this role.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- To develop and deliver the Business Unit Project Management strategy and objectives by working closely with the Senior Project Managers, Service Line VPs, Commercial Team and Finance
- Work closely with global/matrix leaders to deliver Quotient’s strategy, business objectives and work with other leaders to deliver a ‘one business one customer’ experience driving Molecules to Cure
- Manage the Senior Project Managers to ensure project delivery to scope/budget, schedule/quality as well as ensuring revenue forecasts and recognition at each site
- Manager customer expectations and act as a point of escalation as needed
- Develop and implementation of innovative project management capabilities to drive business growth
- To ensure a right first time approach to delivery and drive business growth in line with the business plan driving harmonization activities to ensure a one business, one customer experience for clients
- Liaise with Business Development and commercial teams to support new project opportunities and triage appropriately
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients to ensure first class service provision from the Project Management teams
- Ensure ‘first class’ compliance performance in line with industry and Quotient quality standards
- Ensure Quotient’s manifesto, behaviours and ‘The Quotientness of Quotient’ (Science, Agility and Culture) is embedded, lived and evolved
- Create a collaborative, inclusive and engaging culture where everyone has the opportunity to achieve their potential and develop their career within Quotient
- Achieve high levels of performance and engagement through inspirational and authentic leadership by providing leadership, coaching and mentoring to ensure appropriate development and succession planning.
- Drive transformation and continuous improvements within Project Management to improve operational efficiencies and compliance standards
- Ensure all activities within Project Management are conducted in line with the necessary health & safety, legal, financial, quality and regulatory compliance requirements, in accordance with company and external guidelines
- Develop tools and standards for managing programs within and across sites to include auditing and health checks on projects and programs
- Develop, maintain and publicise metrics to ensure project metrics are aligned with customer key outcomes to drive business excellence
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes and ensure Quotient processes remain compliant with emerging regulatory needs
- Stay ahead of market developments, anticipate challenges and adapt business plans appropriately
- Establish and manage project risk management plan incl project specific risks/issues
- Work with the People Function, Compliance, IT and Facilities (and other related departments) to ensure site and department objectives are met and to facilitate the running of Quotient Sciences Project Management Team
Managerial line responsibility for:-
Senior Project Manager(s)
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum degree in science/life sciences subject
- Significant experience in project and program management within a pharmaceutical or CRO environment
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to inspire and motivate across locations globally, driven cross-Quotient integration and acceleration of projects
- Extensive experience of delivering excellent customer service
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated commercial and financial acumen
- Proven capability for defining and monitoring relevant metrics and driving improvements to ensure first class operational performance, using data to drive decisions – including sharing data in an impactful way across the organisation
- Very high concentration of work - managing a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Working hours a flexible approach is required to meet the demands of the role including outside normal working hours
- Needing to respond to client demands
- Global Travel will be required
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences business are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion. We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusions in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.