Manufacturing Scientist - Aseptic
Manufacturing Scientist - Aspetic
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
Quotient Sciences are expanding rapidly, with a clear commitment to drug substance development and manufacture and have recently announced a $8m investment in a new kilo lab facility which will be fully operational in 2022.
Due to increasing demand and investment in new isolator technologies, we are currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Scientist to dispense, manufacture and package clinical products in accordance with GMP requirements and company procedures.
This role will be focussed on aseptic manufacturing so knowledge of isolator technology, good aseptic technique and operation within cleanrooms would be a distinct advantage.
The key tasks and responsibilities of the position are:
- As guided/requested, manufacture and package oral and intravenous clinical products. Prepare and complete documentation associated with the manufacture and supply of clinical products.
- Dispense APIs, excipients, drug products, IMPs and packaging materials for clinical use and maintain GMP stocks as required.
- Participate in the cleaning, maintenance and upkeep of the GMP manufacturing facility, utilities and equipment.
- Record work in compliance with relevant regulatory requirements, internal policies/procedures and where appropriate, client requirements.
- As guided/requested, participate in process development studies or the manufacture of non-clinical batches to assist in the development of clinical formulations of the transfer of developed formulations into the GMP facility.
- Participate in the upkeep of the GMP material inventory including ordering, goods receipt, storage and stock control, liaising as appropriate with the Quality Control and microbiology teams and Purchasing officer.
- Work with due regards to health and safety of self and others.
- Work flexibly across the site to meet business needs.
The successful candidate will have
- BSc of equivalent in a relevant scientific discipline.
- Experience in the manufacture of clinical formulations and working in a GMP regulated facility/manner and knowledge of the drug development process is advantageous.
- Good aseptic technique is an advantage
Other skills and experience required:
- Good written/oral communication skills
- A high level of personal integrity and commitment
- Flexible approach to new work challenges
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences business are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion. We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusions in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.