Manufacturing Scientist/Associate Scientist
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we help biotech and pharma customers save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
To conduct lab scale formulation development and clinical manufacturing (GMP Batch Manufacturing) related activities.
To comply & adhere to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Conduct lab work as planned by the supervisor that involves development of pharmaceutical formulations such as tablets, capsules and liquids.
- Conduct pharmaceutical manufacturing of oral dosage forms using small to large scale equipment for development and process scale up and for clinical supplies.
- Review and write master batch records with input from supervisor. Prepare executed batch record folders.
- Comply with cGMPs, SOPs and Company policies.
- Operate manufacturing equipment’s with Operator for development clinical manufacturing.
- Maintain planned training schedule and record.
- Completion of clinical batch manufacturing as per timeline.
- Ability to perform physical work while using a respirator
- Read and interpret documents such as batch records, SOPs, policies, and safety rules, read and write business correspondence
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Basic knowledge of physicochemical concepts and theories.
- Familiarity with the production process.
- Familiar with a variety of in-process equipment, such as disintegration, friability, particle size, etc.
- Computer skills:
- Enter data into computer using software applications for data entry and word processing.
- Work and be proficient with e-mail systems
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks while maintaining speed of work and attention to detail without loss to production.
- Apply basic concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions and significant figures to practical solutions.
- Work with basic statistical concepts such as average and standard deviation.
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines including FDA, EPA, OSHA and DEA. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Performs housekeeping to assure the laboratories and manufacturing areas are continuously maintained in a safe and orderly condition.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by:
- making suggestions for improvement
- Learning new skills, procedures and processes.
- Is available for other duties as required.
- Is available for overtime as needed
- Include Cross Training
B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering, Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical Sciences or other related field or High School Diploma with 2-3 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry or appropriate combination of education and experience
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at email@example.com.