Business Development Manager
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,300 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Business Development Manager to flourish within a high-profile position at Quotient Sciences. The individual will be part of a high performance, cross-functional sales team and will be instrumental in supporting our new customer acquisition efforts.
Candidates should demonstrate a working knowledge of the small molecule drug development process. Prior successful experience in the CDMO sector is advantageous. You will be expected to utilize all available systems and tools to engage new companies and work collaboratively with colleagues to identify and progress new business opportunities for Quotient.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial professional with a tenacious appetite for sales to build a robust and deep opportunity pipeline. You will be required to interact directly with customers at all levels representing Quotient’s ethos, capabilities and values. An ability to understand and succinctly articulate a customer’s problem statement and work closely with subject matter experts to build a tailored solution is critical.
This BD Managers role will work closely with their Business Development counterpart to create an effective and efficient business plan to achieve growth in the region – the specific region will be tailored to the role holder.
Other Main Tasks And Responsibilities Include
- Prospecting to identify and progress new business opportunities utilising all available tools and systems.
- Collaborating with Business Development colleagues to identify and target top prospect accounts as part of a cohesive territory strategy.
- Generation of new opportunity leads from target accounts.
- Progression of business opportunities from lead identification to the point of handover to the relevant Business Development colleague. This will involve the design and implementation of nurturing campaigns; provision of appropriate resources/materials; execution of confidentiality agreements; opportunity validation and the development of ballpark pricing documents.
- Accountable for Salesforce.com data entry/quality and generating timely activity reports, metrics and KPIs as requested.
- Close working relationships with marketing, business development, technical sales, legal and project management will be critical for success.
- Potential for travel for face-to-face client meetings, conferences and seminars.
- An ability to quickly assimilate Quotient Sciences’ capabilities and clearly articulate to clients at all levels.
- Understand the competitive landscape within an identified territory and develop tactics to exploit this to your advantage.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field (Chemistry, Microbiology, Life Sciences) or relevant industry experience.
- Minimum of 1 year’s experience in CDMO/CRO/scientific sales and business development, project management, contract management, or pharmaceutical, clinical research or CDMO laboratory experience.
- Technology orientation with the ability to gain proficiency using a Customer Relationship Management system (CRM). Prior experience with a CRM system, preferably Salesforce, preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, project management, organisation skills and ability to multi-task.
- Results oriented, determined self-starter; comfortable, willing and able to make cold calls and aptitude for thinking “outside the box”.
- Proven ability to interact at all levels ranging from VPs to Development Team scientists.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion. We strive to create a diverse Quotient family and develop a workplace culture that provides a sense of acceptance for every person within our organisation. As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants are welcome.