Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we help biotech and pharma customers save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
We career opportunity for a Purchasing Administrator at the site in Nottingham. This is a key role in the Purchasing team, supporting the procurement of various commodity groups, services, and capital requests.
The primary responsibitlies of the Purchasing Administrator responsibilities include the procurement of various commodity groups, services and capital requests. Process and expedite purchase orders for materials, supplies and services through approved requisition process for all UK sites. As part of the role, you will occasionally be required to support the Goods-In area and stores operation and provide general purchasing support to the business, ensuring the efficient management of the administrative duties of the Department and purchase ordering system.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Create purchase orders from approved requisitions or approved capital requests and expedite as necessary. (includes checking and amending order details, consolidating orders where possible, placing and chasing orders with suppliers, liaising with end users)
- Ensure all orders are placed and goods received in sufficient time to meet the operational demands of the business
- Update and maintain Non-stock order tracker sheet
- Communicate any supplier discrepancies or situations related to receipt and shipment of goods that may affect operations to the appropriate personnel, department, and clients.
- Provide advice to end users regarding the process and systems operations as necessary.
- Liaise with Finance and investigate and rectify invoice queries as necessary
- Add and book in carriage charges/surcharge to orders against invoice
- Create PDF copy of service orders and email to end users
- Organise shipments between UK sites
- Arrange goods returns including creating internal collection note
- Monitor purchasing mailbox and distribute emails as appropriate
- Ensure back-office filing and administrative functions are optimised
- Support the New Supplier Creation process and set them up on the system.
- Provide cover for the stores and stock requisition function during periods of planned and unplanned absence
- Perform market research activities as required to support the business
- Expediting back orders regularly
- Liaise with warehouse to solve delivery discrepancies
The successful candidate will have previous experience working in a busy office environment, preferably within the purchasing department. Strong administration skills are required for this role and good attention to detail.
Other skills and experience required:
- GCSE (or equivalent) English, Mathematics
- Computer literate (Microsoft Suite) strong excel skills
- Full UK driving licence
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, positive, solution-oriented approach to challenges and a “can do” attitude to solving problems.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training, and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion. We strive to create a diverse Quotient family and develop a workplace culture that provides a sense of acceptance for every person within our organisation. As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants are welcome.