Supply Chain Operations Manager
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we help biotech and pharma customers save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
- The Supply Chain Operations Manager is responsible for driving Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives throughout the Supply Chain department, in parallel with Warehouse Manager and Supply Chain Planning Manager
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Assesses current dock and warehouse layout, workspaces, process flows & Value Stream Maps (VSMs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work Instructions (WIs), and other related ways of working to determine baseline understanding of processes within warehouse group.
- Develops and executes CI initiatives on ongoing basis to bring core competencies to mature, sustainable state. Core competencies include Receiving, Shipping, internal transfer of materials and other inventory, inventory management and inventory control, physical inventory checks, material staging, warehouse optimization of pallet spaces, etc.
- Liaises with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) including Supply Chain Planning Manager and Warehouse Manager for input, effectiveness checks, process modifications, and support for all CI initiatives.
- Provides CI subject matter expertise, leadership, and support continuous improvement in the areas of lean deployment, change management and activities required to sustain a continuous improvement culture.
- Works with Warehouse Manager to keep warehouse compliance ready (CGMP)
- Works cross-functionally with Warehouse Team to assist in receiving and shipping materials
- Assists Warehouse Team with investigating deviations and quality events
- Assists with audits and acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for client and agency visits
- Assists warehouse manager in developing new employees within the warehouse function as it relates to all SOPs.
- Operates material handling equipment (MHE) including forklift, pallet jack, and dollies to transport materials to different departments or staging areas within the facilities as needed in support of department activities
Knowledge: The factual and procedural information required to perform the role
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Management, or other related field of study is desirable
- Experience in the pharmaceutical, biologic, or medical device industry required (1-3 years)
- CDMO, CRO, CMO experience is preferred (1-3 years)
Skills: The effective use of knowledge and abilities in performance.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required
- Proficient knowledge of ERP/MRP Inventory Management Systems
- Basic mathematic skills including addition, subtraction, and measurements
- Knowledge of Emerson Syncade software a plus
Abilities: Innate traits or talents a person possesses
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong client relationships
- Ability to maintain a professional image as a representation of the company to clients
- Strong presenting, written, and oral communication skills
- Well-developed technological skills to use Inventory Management systems as well as manufacturing skills to assist in the warehouse
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at email@example.com.