Director, Modelling and Simulation
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
We have an exciting career opportunity available within our Scientific Consulting Group for a Director, Modelling and Simulation. This opportunity will be based at our Nottingham site with flexibility of hybrid working.
Reporting to the VP, Scientific Consulting you will provide leadership for the Modelling and Simulation (M&S) team, managing resources to deliver customer projects meeting time, budget and quality criteria.
You will also drive customer adoption of M&S activities at Quotient, working with the commercial team to promote our scientific capabilities and secure new standalone and integrated programs of work. You will assess and adopt new M&S applications to increase the breadth of our offering to drive growth. Performing hands-on modelling and simulation (M&S) scientific support and input throughout the project lifecycle (design, planning, delivery and reporting) you will ensure client’s study objectives are achieved
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Lead and grow M&S team, providing strong leadership and direction to the team.
- Manage availability of resources and capabilities to allow delivery of project work to agreed timelines and budget
- Prioritise activities to achieve agreed annual M&S order and revenue targets
- Work with the commercial and marketing team to promote Quotient’s M&S service offerings in the marketplace via appropriate channels and materials, including website, factsheet, scientific publications, webinars and conference attendance
- Provide strong scientific support to effectively communicate Quotient’s M&S capabilities and offerings in customer discussions
- Provide PBPK hands-on modelling expertise to support client’s projects
- Mentor and coach members of the M&S Team to develop and expand their M&S expertise.
- Produce high quality reports which clearly present and summarise M&S project findings
- Communicate effectively complex scientific ideas with clients and key stakeholders
These roles in our Scientific Consulting Group are unique to Quotient and are fundamental to our success.
The successful applicant will be degree qualified, ideally with a PhD with significant practice experience in building and applying physiologically based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) models across a range of applications, ideally utilising GastroPlus.
Significant experience in biopharmaceutics, PK data analysis and modelling, metabolism and clinical pharmacology with an ability to relate a compound’s in vitro physchem / biopharm / DMPK properties to preclinical and clinical in vivo performance.
Some experience of managing a highly functioning team is also desirable.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion. We strive to create a diverse Quotient family and develop a workplace culture that provides a sense of acceptance for every person within our organisation. As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants are welcome.