Clinical Research Nurse (Nights)
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
This is a great opportunity for a nurse looking to take the next step in their career in clinical research
In your role as Clinical Research Nurse, you will work on a wide range of leading clinical trials with a multifunctional team, broadening your skills and helping pharmaceutical companies progress new medicines to market.
The position will be clinic based at our Nottingham site.
Our facility is made up of 85 beds across 6 wards which has recently undergone extensive refurbishment and operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Full training will be provided therefore we do not require previous experience in a clinical research environment. We pride ourselves on being a dynamic and supportive company offering full training and career progression opportunities. Immediate Life Support training will be provided.
Your main responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Ensure that the dignity, health, safety and welfare of study participants is the highest priority at all times
- Perform study related procedures such as cannulation, venepuncture, telemetry, holters, vital signs, ECGs, collection of blood samples., in accordance with ICH-GCP
- Utilise nursing assessment skills to support general well-being of study participants and potential adverse events. Document adverse events and take appropriate action as needed
- Utilise your skills, knowledge and clinical judgement to assess vital signs
- Respond to emergency situations and lead/participate in training scenarios.
- Review, check and maintain emergency equipment.
- Review, check and administer concomitant medication
- Administration of dosage forms inclusive of various routes and devices in accordance with the study specific protocol
- To record data obtained in a timely manner according to the protocol
- Support the clinical team to ensure that source data completion is to a high standard
- Perform quality control checks
- To obtain Nurse Led Informed Consent by educating, explaining and informing participants of study procedures in conjunction with ICF.
- Monitor compliance and support audit readiness at all times
- Utilise your nurse leadership skills to lead, inspire, influence and motivate the clinical team
- Support activities in other departments as deemed necessary to support the needs of the business
- Support training and mentorship for both new and existing members of the clinical team
We want to hear from candidates who have:
- Full RGN registration (or equivalent) or in the process of completing your NMC registration
- You do not need any post registration experience
- A high attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good IT literacy
If you are ready for a new challenge in a role that offers significant training and career progression opportunities then please get in touch.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion. We strive to create a diverse Quotient family and develop a workplace culture that provides a sense of acceptance for every person within our organisation. As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants are welcome.