Head of Process Research and Development
Head of Process Research and Development
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
Due to business growth, we have an opportunity for a Head of Process Research and Development to deliver the PR&D departmental plan. The successful candidate will Provide technical and people leadership to members of the PR&D team. Deputise as required for the Head of Drug Substance and Translational Pharmaceutics Operations. You will Coordinate with the project management team to ensure that projects are resourced and executed in line with agreed timelines and have responsibility for Health and Safety in the PR&D laboratories.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership and scientific direction to the PR&D department.
- Ensure the provision of mentoring and development opportunities to facilitate progression opportunities for colleagues.
- Ownership of the Process Research & Development departmental budget.
- Support commercial enquiry, cost estimation and proposal generation processes.
- Work directly with potential clients and the rest of the organisation to formalise the scope of work requests and to maximise the number and value of awards.
- Identify opportunities for business growth and set the department strategy, including managing the CapEx budget, increasing the level of automation and process excellence.
- Develop cross functional relationships to deliver multidisciplinary projects.
- Accountable for managing departmental resources to ensure that awarded work is delivered to the expected quality standards/schedule.
- Guide and counsel other department members through synthetic problems they might encounter and contribute to their resolution.
- Responsibility for Health and Safety within the Process Research and Development laboratories.
- Maintain laboratory systems that have been implemented as a result of GMP action programmes.
- Suggest improvements to site procedures and systems to improve team and department efficiency and compliance (GMP and HSE).
- Contribute to laboratory operations, equipment acquisition and maintenance, contracts, housekeeping, stock control, disposals and liaise with other departments dealing with such matters.
- Participate in and produce process risk assessments for process to be scaled up on site.
- Contribute to the completion of Dossiers by providing scientific and process knowledge.
- Apply QbD principles for the development of processes for commercial API manufacture.
- Deputise for the Head of Drug Substance and Translational Pharmaceutics Operations as required.
- Work with due regard to health and safety of self and others.
- Work flexibly across the site to meet business needs
The successful candidate will have gained several years’ experience in synthetic chemistry in addition to an excellent academic record in organic chemistry up to and including doctoral level or an equivalent level of industrial experience, with a minimum of three years people leadership experience. Furthermore, the day-to-day responsibility for the development laboratories requires specific experience gained over several years in the pharmaceutical field. The ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders is also essential.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.