Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we help biotech and pharma customers save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
- Primary responsibilities include procurement for various commodity groups and capital requests for a GxP facility. Negotiate with approved suppliers and seek and qualify new suppliers. Process purchase orders for materials and supplies through approved requisition process based on current inventory status and urgency. Conduct all purchasing activities in compliance with company policy, procedures, and objectives
- To comply & adhere to Good Clinical / Manufacturing Practice (GCP/GMP) standards.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Assist in coordination of all activities related to material procurement and inventory management via the ERP systems
- Expedite orders to ensure delivery dates support needs of business.
- Act as internal customer service to other stakeholders.
- Ensure all documentation from suppliers are included with all shipments.
- Prepare and enter purchase orders from approved requisitions or approved capital requests.
- Work closely with accounting personnel on invoice processing and changes required on purchase orders or processing of invoices related to storage of materials in warehouse.
- Ensure all orders are placed and goods received in sufficient time to meet the operational demands of the business.
- Communicate any supplier discrepancies or situations related to receipt and shipment of goods that may impact operations to the appropriate personnel, department, and clients.
- Maintain updated supplier records and inventory records in ERP system including pricing, supplier contacts, and other related information.
- Establish and maintain communication with various departments to ensure efficient resolution of their requests or problems.
- Manage requests for sample materials from formulation groups.
- Manage supplier performance and initiate corrective action where appropriate with support from Senior Buyer.
- Monitor contracts to ensure suppliers meet all stipulations and determine whether alterations should be made.
- Provide coverage for the purchasing functions during periods of planned and unplanned absence of other members of purchasing group.
- Take direction and assignments from Senior Buyer and Senior Director, Supply Chain.
- Refresh standard department reports on regular intervals and keep data up to date.
- Provide general assistance to the Senior Director of Supply Chain and Senior Buyer, and the global purchasing function as necessary.
- Basic understanding of purchasing and three-way matching process.
- Computer literacy, experience with data entry and manipulation within MS Excel preferred.
- Willingness to learn a variety of new processes and skills related to procurement
- Experience in purchasing or procurement role preferred.
- Progress toward bachelor’s degree in business related field or equivalent preferred.
- Procurement / Supply Chain certification (CIPS, CPIM, CPSM) a plus.
- Experience in GxP facility, laboratory, pharmaceutical or healthcare related industry preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Excel, Word, Power Point and ERP Systems.
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management principles including the ability to research, analyze and negotiate.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Work and communicate well with all levels of employees and management.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving/decision making skills, and the ability to make
- timely, effective, fact-based decisions with confidence.
- Even-tempered with a positive, solution-oriented approach to challenges and a "can do" attitude that is focused on solving problems.
- Familiarity with warehousing
- Ability to take appropriate actions in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training, and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at email@example.com.