Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we help biotech and pharma customers save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
The Laboratory Metrology Coordinator is responsible for coordinating calibration, preventative maintenance, and repair activities for the laboratory instrumentation and equipment with system owners and vendor service providers to ensure minimum equipment downtimes.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Maintains the day-to-day Metrology activities, including but not limited to, internal and external calibration, maintenance, and repair activities
- Maintains the calibration and preventative maintenance schedule to ensure timely completion of instrument calibrations, PMs, and repairs
- Maintains master instrument records and instrument history files, which include entering, scanning electronic copies into the BARAM, and filing hard copies of calibration/maintenance records
- Maintains key laboratory instrument and equipment performance metrics such as downtime for repairs
- Maintains laboratory instrument and equipment parts inventories
- Writes and reviews IQs, OQs, PQs, and other qualification protocols
- Writes and reviews SOPs, methods, reports, templates, and investigations as they relate to laboratory instrumentation
- Conducts peer review of instrument and equipment repair, PM, and calibration records per procedures
- Collaborates with internal and external customers to maintain and improve Metrology and laboratory operations
- Acts as a supporting system administrator for CDS (chromatographic data system) Empower
- Manages vendor service providers contracts
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and calibrates laboratory instrumentation and equipment as required
- Trains on all SOPs and company procedures and remains current with training
Knowledge: The factual and procedural information required to perform the role
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Pharmacy, or other related field of study with 3+ years of experience in an Industrial Pharmaceutical Laboratory
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Pharmacy, or other related field of study with 2+ years of experience in an Industrial Pharmaceutical Laboratory
- In lieu of a of a Ph.D. degree in Chemical Engineering, Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related field, or foreign degree equivalent plus two (2) years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, the employer will accept a Bachelor’s degree in the same fields, or foreign degree equivalent plus five (5) years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge of commercial laboratory safety procedures, precautionary laboratory measures, and GMP Manufacturing procedures
- Knowledge of compliance with federal and state regulations and guidelines including FDA, EPA, OSHA, and DEA
Skills: The effective use of knowledge and abilities in performance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Ability to perform instrumentation calibration, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Use of instrument control and data management software such as FT-IR, UV-Vis, and Malvern
- Proficiency with Chromatographic data systems such as Empower
Abilities: Innate traits or talents a person possesses
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively document testing process and report information to supervisor
- Strong time management skills with the ability to ensure accurate and timely data reports
- Strong writing skills with the ability to document and explain findings
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand and analyze data
- Commitment to continuous education to remain in current profession and industry trends, make suggestions for new improvements, and learn new skills and procedures
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training, and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at email@example.com.