Lead Clinical Research Nurse - Night
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
- Responsible for coordinating, supervising and monitoring study activities, following adverse events and administering study medications
- To comply & adhere to GCP guidelines and regulations as required of this role
- To ensure study data is collected to a high quality in accordance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) standards
- To provide leadership and guidance to the clinical team
- To ensure subject safety at all times
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Provides leadership, encouragement, support, positive reinforcement and job enrichment opportunities to direct reports by undertaking regular 1:1s, objective setting and regular team meetings
- Organizing training and conducting training, when applicable) for both new and existing members of the clinical team
- Understands resource (staffing) requirements for assigned studies
- Responsible for supervising staff and study events on the unit according to protocol requirements.
- Responsible for making staff adjustments during absences or others unanticipated work circumstances
- Responsible for monitoring study schedules and reviewing study activities as they progress
- Responsible for administering study medication to study participants
- Familiar with intravenous infusion techniques including pumps
- Responsible for timely reviewing, recording and following adverse events
- Responds to medical emergencies in clinic and to adverse events requiring urgent attention
- Responsible for confirming that a complete screening chart containing informed consents, lab results and Investigator approval is available on the day of admission for every admitted subject
- Responsible for monitoring clinical results, compliance, and/or safety issues which would trigger the exclusion or discontinuation of a participant
- Ability to effectively interact with pharmaceutical company representatives (monitors) and clinical research organizations (CRO) in response to queries during the course of the research study
- Participates in key study meetings – SIV, Clinical Kick-off, paperwork review, dummy run, and as required
- Assures that all necessary source documents are available on the unit on a timely basis
- Reviews and performs quality control checks on study source documents for completion, accuracy, and compliance to GCP and protocol
- Facilitates clinical training and reassessment of core clinical competencies (e.g. venipuncture, cannulation, safety assessments, holter monitoring, etc.)
- Ensures all members of clinical team are fully trained and signed off in relevant SOP/competency before working unsupervised or on a study
- Familiarity with crash cart emergency procedures
- Troubleshooting and problem solving as directed by Clinical Lead/Clinical Manager
- Assists with other nursing duties as assigned
The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Working outside normal working hours
- Needing to respond to client demands
- BSN or RN with at least 6 months experience of working in a clinical research environment or equivalent experience in another role
- Current/valid Florida nursing license
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Fluent in English/Spanish preferred
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office products (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
In return you will receive a competitive salary, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org.