Head of Drug Product Operations
Head of Drug Product Operations
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
Quotient Sciences are currently looking to appoint a Head of Drug Product Operations. The role will be to lead, develop, engage and coach the team of manufacturing and formulation scientists to deliver successfully on the customer project portfolio. Working closely with global leaders to deliver on Quotient Sciences Drug Product operational strategy and operational business objectives. Develop and maintain and operational capacity plan that underpins the 3 year business plan that matches growth aspirations. Ensure that Quotient Sciences delivers its targeted EBITDA through the operational delivery of a relevant service, to the relevant customer at an appropriate price.
Main tasks and responsibilities People and culture
- Achieve high levels of performance and engagement through inspirational and authentic leadership, coaching and mentoring of the Drug Product Operations team.
- Develop robust talent and succession pipelines to develop and retain key talent and deliver business objectives
- Ensure adequate recruitment, training and employee development is in place to maintain a highly motivated, skilled and effective workforce, ensuring the needs of the business are met
- Ensure Quotient’s manifesto, behaviors and ‘The Quotientness of Quotient’ (Science, Agility and Culture) is embedded, lived and evolved
- Create a collaborative, inclusive and engaging culture where everyone has the opportunity to achieve their potential and develop their career within Quotient.
Strategy setting and Deployment
- Work closely with Global and Local leaders to deliver Quotient’s operational strategy and operational business objectives
- Develop and deliver the yearly financial target for Drug Product Operations including Revenue, EBITDA and Capital expenditure.
- Stay ahead of market developments, anticipate challenges and adapt business plans appropriately
- To lead the strategic operational projects within DP Operations.
- Provide technical, scientific and administrative support to, and manage a team of scientists engaged in formulation development and Drug Product Manufacture
- For GLP studies perform the role of Study Director or Principal Investigator.
Customers / Commercial
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers by developing and implementing integrated operational delivery offerings to ensure Quotient remains competitive in commercial landscape, and ensure first class operational delivery and service.
- Drive harmonization activities to ensure a one business, one experience for customers
- Engage with Business Development and commercial teams to support new project opportunities and triage appropriately.
- Drive continuous improvements throughout Drug Product operations to deliver efficiencies and enhanced compliance standards
- Develop, maintain and visualize monthly metrics to demonstrate continuous improvement.
- Work with the People, Compliance, EHS, IT and Facilities functions to ensure all activities are conducted in line with the necessary health & safety, legal, financial, quality and regulatory compliance requirements, in accordance with company and external guidelines and SOP’s, and site and functional objectives are met.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes and ensure Quotient processes remain compliant with emerging regulatory needs
- Support the conduct of client audits and those from regulatory agencies bringing wider regulatory/local system knowledge to bear.
Qualifications and experience required for competent performance
- BSc (hons) or equivalent in a relevant scientific discipline
- Experienced working with customers, commercial, finance, HR and compliance teams.
- Experienced leader of technical staff
- Extensive knowledge and experience of pharmaceutical GMP formulation development and Drug Product manufacturing
- Experience of Steriles manufacture process and procedures
- Experiemce of GMP/GLP regulations and requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Have a flexible approach to new work challenges.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.