Senior Formulation Scientist
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Scientist to join our Formulation Development Group. The position is full time and permanent based in Alnwick. You will be primarily laboratory-based and working as part of a small team in the development of a range of drug products on set projects.
As part of a team, you will develop mainly liquid formulations and also powder in capsule formulations intended for both pre-clinical and clinical use. You will also develop, adapt and apply any analytical methodologies to support the formulation development process and any screening pre-formulation characterisation work.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Analysis of candidate drug products using a range of analytical techniques.
- Prepare work protocols for approval, critically assess data generated and review and quality check data from colleagues
- Prepare and review project reports, quality documents and training documentation
- Acquire/record data in a manner that complies with GxP and internal policies/procedures
- Act as technical lead in a client facing role on certain specified projects and liaise with colleagues across teams and facilities
- Perform assigned roles within the group such as equipment responsible operator, training, equipment hardware and/or software validation and the ordering of consumable items
- Work with due regard to health and safety of self and others
- Work flexibly across the site to meet business needs
As well as a BSc (Hons) or equivalent in a relevant scientific discipline, ideally you will have extensive experience of pharmaceutical formulation development. A good understanding of the application of various analytical techniques, to support development project work. You will be able to provide specialist advice and problem resolution strategies for selected formulation developmental and analytical methodologies and to be able to supervise and coach colleagues as required.
You will have excellent written/oral communication skills, good presentation skills and have a flexible and initiative approach to work challenges
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences business are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion. We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusions in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.