Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we help biotech and pharma customers save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,300 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community that’s focused on innovation and are driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
The Financial Accountant will work as part of a small and highly efficient team to support production of accurate and timely financial statements to management and other stakeholders.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Preparation and review of departmental P&L reports for monthly distribution
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation and co-ordination of year-end schedules
- Monthly VAT returns
- Payroll journals, analysis and month end reconciliation
- Manage and update the Fixed Assets register, monitoring and controlling spend on capital projects to ensure they don’t overrun their budgets.
- Preparation of 16-week cash flow forecast including CAPEX spend tracking and forecasting.
- Assisting with the preparation of budget information
- Ownership of ONS requests for information and surveys.
- Preparation of the annual PSA return
- Management of the companies CDS account
- Provide support to the UK Financial Controller as required
- Ad hoc analyses and reports
- Any other ad-hoc duties that fall within the scope of the role
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working within an accounts department within a company with revenue of at least £25m per annum.
Other skills and experience required
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA Qualified/Part-qualified (though strong QBE candidates will also be considered).
- Strong all-round communicator
- Strong time management skills and ability to work independently
- Hands on and driven with a genuine interest to understanding how the business works
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work
- Must be self-motivated and able to organise & manage their own workload within an extremely busy accounts department.
- Advanced user of Excel would be advantageous. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential.
- Knowledge of accounting software packages such as Access Dimensions and Financial Force would be advantageous but not required.
- Experience in a system implementation environment would be advantageous
The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion. We strive to create a diverse Quotient family and develop a workplace culture that provides a sense of acceptance for every person within our organisation. As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants are welcome.