Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
Quotient Sciences are expanding rapidly, with a clear commitment to drug substance development and manufacture and have recently opened an $8m new kilo lab facility. We are currently recruiting for a Production/Operations Chemist to work within the expanding Drug Substance team at our Alnwick facility. You will Carry out Drug Substance manufacturing and scale-up operations in accordance with regulatory and company procedures, including shift working as required. Carry out in-process analysis, including sample preparation and interpretation of results. Perform usage testing of critical raw materials and intermediates. Participate in process risk assessments.
The key tasks and responsibilities of the position are:
- Carry out Drug Substance manufacturing and scale-up operations within agreed timeframes, including shift working as required. Follow and complete Batch Synthesis instructions in compliance with GMP. Maintain Laboratory Notebooks as required.
- Operate within Environmental, Health and Safety guidelines and regulations.
- Ensure that equipment usage logs and calibration records are maintained.
- Carry out in-process analysis, including sample preparation and interpretation of results.
- Liaise with QC team as required to ensure in-process analyses are carried out in line with the production plan.
- Review completed Batch Synthesis Instructions and other process documentation.
- Contribute to the preparation of quality documentation as required to manage changes, unplanned deviations and corrective actions.
- Contribute to EHS risk and CoSHH assessments as required
- Participate in process risk assessments
- Contribute to raw materials and equipment acquisition, equipment maintenance and installation, including validation as required.
- Sampling and booking-in of materials into Materials Management System and maintaining effective stock control of materials used for manufacturing and scale-up operations.
- Maintain good standards of housekeeping, and waste disposal, liaising with other departments dealing with such matters as required.
- Ensure that manufacturing and scale-up operations, and associated documentation, complies with GMP or other regulatory requirements, internal policies/procedures and client requirements.
- Work flexibly across the site to meet business needs
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of kilo lab or laboratory scale up operations.
- Degree level (or equivalent) qualification in Chemistry or a closely related discipline, with minimum of two years of relevant industrial experience.
- Awareness of the current regulatory environment
- Thorough understanding of process safety and hazards.
- An understanding of analytical chemistry, with sufficient analytical skills to conduct in-process testing.
Other skills and experience required:
- Good written/oral communication skills
- A high level of personal integrity and commitment
- Flexible approach to new work challenges
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences business are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion. We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusions in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.