Clinical Pharmacy Technician
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
As the Clinical Pharmacy Technician, you will be responsible for dispensing and accountability activities within the clinical trial unit. In this role, you will work with the Clinical Operations, Manufacturing, Medical, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Project Management teams to ensure that the appropriate Drug Products are dispensed and checked prior to dosing healthy volunteers on clinical trials, whilst meeting regulatory and company standards at all times.
Key responsibilities of a Clinical Pharmacy Technician include:
- Conduct ‘Post-product transfer confirmatory QC checks’ in accordance with current procedures
- Order, receive, store, dispense and record the use of investigational medical products and non-investigational medicinal products for clinical trials
- Maintenance of computer and written records
- Temperature and expiry date monitoring
- Responsible for the oversight and maintenance of Dispensary Site Files studies whilst in clinic
- Ensure stock levels are maintained appropriately
- Review medication usage with the medical team and update stock list to meet requirements
- Ensure clinical equipment is maintained in good working
- Writing, updating and reviewing clinical SOPs and working instructions where required
- Proactively promote working in a safe and responsible manner at all times
- Investigate quality issues and identify appropriate CAPAs
- Identify opportunities for change and assist with implementation of process change
- Attend and effectively participate in key study meetings where required – SIV, Clinical Kick-off, paperwork review, dummy run
- Work with the Clinical Lead(s) to ensure that where any dose preparation paperwork and training (dose/protocol etc.) is required is accurate and in place for the study
- Ensure all study specific dose preparation/dispensing equipment is validated prior to first dose where applicable
- Perform ad hoc duties/projects as required
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Relevant experience within either UK hospital pharmacy, community pharmacy or clinical trial unit
- Registered GPhC and either hold an NVQ level 3 Pharmacy services or BTEC in Pharmaceutical Sciences or equivalent.
- Have knowledge of legislation relating to Good Manufacturing Practice and Good Clinical Practice
- Excellent Communication Skills both written and verbal.
Our ideal candidate will like enjoy being part of a vibrant team and thrive with a high concentration of work. They have a ‘can do’ attitude, with a strong work ethic, are willing to go ‘the extra mile’ and are committed to delivering excellent customer service. You will be working to strict and tight deadlines therefore ensuring you are comfortable juggling a range of tasks simultaneously. At times, there may be a requirement to work outside normal working hours in order to respond to client demands.
In return, we offer a lively and sociable working environment, and the chance to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and rewarding industry.
A competitive salary and generous benefits package
Excellent training and development opportunities by a dedicated in-house training team
An exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.