Manufacturing Technician Apprentice
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Manufacturing Technician Apprentice to join the Drug Product department in Alnwick on a full time and permanent basis. You will support the dispensing, manufacture and packaging of clinical products in accordance with GMP requirements and company procedures. Full training will be provided by the team.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- Contribute to the preparation and completion of documentation associated with the manufacture and supply of clinical products.
- Support the dispensing of APIs, excipients, drug products, IMPs and packaging materials for clinical use and maintain GMP stock as required.
- Participate in the cleaning, maintenance and upkeep of the GMP manufacturing facility, utilities and equipment.
- Record work in compliance with relevant regulatory requirements, internal policies/procedures and where appropriate, client’s requirements.
- As guided/requested, participate in the process development studies or the manufacture of non-clinical batches to assist in the development of clinical formulations or the transfer of developed formulations into the GMP facility.
- Participate in the upkeep of the GMP material inventory including ordering, goods receipt, storage and stock control, liaising as appropriate with the Quality Control and microbiology teams and Purchasing officer.
- Work with due regards to health and safety of self and others.
- Work flexibly across the site to meet business needs.
Your qualifications and experience
- Familiarity with the manufacture of clinical formulations and experience of working in a GMP regulated facility/manner.
- Some knowledge of the drug development process is advantageous.
- Good written/oral communication skills and flexible approach to new work challenges.
- GCSE or equivalent in core subjects
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion. We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace. As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.