Clinical Research Technician (Night Shift)
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to work as part of a dynamic team that helps get new medicines to market?
As a Clinical Research Technician, you will play a key role in providing a safe and caring environment for our volunteers who take part in our clinical trials.
No prior clinical experience is required, a full training programme is provided. You can also enjoy free and secure on site parking.
Key responsibilities of a Clinical Research Technician include:
- Collection and recording of high-quality study data in compliance with the Study Protocol and internal procedures
- Perform clinical procedures including but not limited to; blood pressure, pulse, temperature, ECG’s/holters and taking blood samples via venepuncture
- Collection and processing of biological samples in line with Study Protocols
- Quality control checking of eSource and paper source documents
- Building collaborative relationships with peers and a wide range of internal stakeholders
- Providing the highest level of care and customer service to our volunteers
- Immediate Life Support (ILS) training is provided
This role offers great career development into ward leading, shift leading, IV cannulation, set-up of clinical study documentation and more. We offer opportunities to progress into managerial roles such as Deputy Lead and Clinical Lead through internal development programs. Additionally, this role allows you to be trained in dosing and assessing the accountability of study drugs.
Your role is essential to our volunteer experience and crucial to the development of new medicines. All clinical procedures are taught to the highest standard by a dedicated in-house training team.
There will be an eight week day shift training period which will be Monday to Friday, therefore we are looking for someone with flexibility to complete training as and when needed.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- A minimum of GCSE in Maths and English (or equivalent) with good numeracy and literacy skills
- A high attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of working in a customer service environment and the ability to build professional relationships
- Who can demonstrate the ability to work to operations rules in a highly regulated environment
- Great IT literacy
- A desire to learn and develop new skills
- A willingness to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and night shifts, as needed
Our ideal candidate will like working with the public and enjoys being part of a vibrant team. They have a ‘can do’ attitude, with a strong work ethic, are willing to go ‘the extra mile’ and are committed to delivering excellent customer service.
In return, we offer a lively and sociable working environment, and the chance to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and rewarding industry. If you are ready for a new challenge in a role that offers significant training and career progression opportunities, then please get in touch.
- A competitive salary and generous benefits package
- Enhanced pay allowance when working night shifts
- Excellent training and development opportunities by a dedicated in-house training team
- Immediate Life Support (ILS) full training provided
- An exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion. We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.