Senior Analytical Scientist
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
Quotient Sciences have an exciting career opportunity available for an experienced Senior Analytical Scientist based at the site in Reading.
You will report to Head of department to coordinate, implement and develop analytical methodologies and analytical requirements to support clinical drug product releases.
You will also be accountable for the analytical activities for assigned projects by leading, planning and performance of routine analysis as required and in addition, be responsible for maintaining compliant processes within the analytical team and laboratory as well as perform and supporting the requalification, calibration and verification of the laboratory equipment as required.
There is always a fresh challenge, offering you the chance to develop your expertise within the cutting edge of Pharmaceutical Science.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To lead assigned project activities with minimal supervision and understand the analytical requirements for allocated projects.
- To perform some routine analysis and provide analytical expertise to IMPD/IND manufacture and Development, Screening & Formulation Development and Inhalation groups and business clients as required.
- To perform data evaluation, problem solving, development and validation activities and ensure appropriate cross project communications (including client) to meet required project timelines.
- To effectively manage multiple conflicting or simultaneous priorities. Work independently, manage own time, workload and prioritise work to meet the client and business needs.
- Execute large or complex work with minimal supervision and complete in a timely manner with minimal errors.
- To undertake other specific research activities as required by Quotient Sciences senior management including supporting of activities across teams, discuss issues and suggest possible solutions with line manager as appropriate.
- Contribute/support the generation and writing of project, analytical and quality documentations (PDCSP, protocols, SOP’s, reports, specifications, CAPA, deviations etc.) under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate technical leadership through responsibility for allocated projects and action all activities without being prompted and with minimal support from line manager. Response to client communication in a timely manner (i.e. within 24 hours).
- To utilize the resources available to ensure that they contribute maximum effectiveness in achieving project objectives as appropriate.
- To generate, assimilate, trend and evaluate technical and scientific data generated and issue reports/protocols in line with project objectives under supervision
- Support the review of laboratory data including lab notebooks, raw data packages, excel spread sheets as well as other documentations as appropriate.
- Ensure that GMP compliance is maintained in the Analytical laboratory as well as maintaining a high standard of GMP with minimal errors in all analytical activities performed across the department.
- Line Management of other analysts (if required) and performance of associated support tasks such as mentoring, training, one to ones, performance plans and reports etc.
- Train and mentor others in the development of skills and use of HPLC and associated GMP analytical equipment as required
- To lead and ensure a good standard of housekeeping and support equipment/instrument maintenance activities within the department as required.
- Contribute to the Stability Chambers call-out rota as required
- To maintain your own training record and to discuss needs with your line manager.
- To employ the principle of continuous improvement and a basis of teamwork in day to day activities with colleagues
- To set and maintain appropriate goals and standards of performance for self, taking the initiative to achieve breakthroughs
- To interact and exchange ideas within the group and with other scientists, to foster a creative culture
- Carry out duties in accordance with the companies’ health and safety policies
- Undertake any other duties as requested by management.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal hours and to do shift work as and when required by the company
- Flexibility to take on other cross functional responsibilities based on company needs
- Respected by peers and junior staff as a good source of sound advice.
The successful candidate will have experience working to cGMP andalso have project and technical experience in a supervisory role. You will be able to demonstrate a high level of technical experience, expertise and some understanding of investigational drug development process, and also have an excellent understanding of analytical technical process and their relevance in the different pharmaceutical development phases.
Other skills and experience required for this role:
- Minimum BSc, MSc or PhD and/or minimum of 5 year’s experience in Pharmaceutical, Analytical Chemistry.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organisational, problem solving and follow up skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritise effectively.
- Excellent attention to detail.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences business are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion. We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusions in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.