Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
Due to our continued growth and success a great opportunity has arisen for a Manufacturing Operator to join our Manufacturing team based in Reading.
You will be responsible for manufacture of Investigational Medicinal Products to produce solids (Capsules and Tablets), liquids, creams, gels and inhalation dosage forms for use in development or clinical trial studies. You will also support transfer of processes from development into clinical trial manufacturing and preparation for manufacturing campaigns.
As a Manufacturing Operator, you will be responsible for tasks associated with the upkeep of a GMP Cleanroom Facility, including, but not limited to: the routine cleaning of manufacturing and storage facilities in accordance with cleaning regime during routine facility cleaning, cleaning in between batch manufacturing and at the end of campaign manufacturing activities.
Other main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Manufacture of pharmaceuticals to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards and internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and associated laboratory activities whilst adhering to Good Documentation Practice (GDocP).
- Direct involvement in tasks associated with the running and maintenance of the GMP cleanroom, including room set-up for manufacturing activities and cleaning of required equipment and consumables.
- Complete weekly workloads based on the schedule of Clinical Manufacturing and Development activities provided by the Head of Production (HOP) or nominated deputy.
- Preparation of working BMRs, checked working labels, processing rooms, equipment, consumables, cleaning documents, swabbing procedures and COSHH (as appropriate) prior to onset of manufacturing operations.
- Ensuring that manufacturing/validation procedures are carried out as per approved manufacturing/validation protocols in a reproducible manner with the minimum number of avoidable errors. Adhering to the KPI target set by the Head of the Department.
- Working in a safe responsible manner always.
- To communicate progress of development and clinical trial manufacturing projects effectively to the Head of Production (HOP), QA and Project Management teams as required, to allow realistic goals to be set and to allow clients to receive timely information on project achievements or issues arriving.
- Direct involvement in specific continuous improvement activities and highlight any improvements needed for equipment, storage, and processes.
We are looking for a candidate who has had some experience in similar (GMP/Pharma/Food) environments who also has excellent interpersonal and communication skills. In this role, you be organised and can problem solve while performing multiple tasks. If you enjoy the finer details and can prioritise effectively, we would love to hear from you.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion. We strive to create a diverse Quotient family and develop a workplace culture that provides a sense of acceptance for every person within our organisation. As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants are welcome.