Analytical Analyst ll
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
We have an exciting new role for an Analytical Analyst II based in the development team to join us full time in Reading.
You will perform routine daily operations in the GMP analytical laboratory using techniques such as HPLC, FTIR, UV, KF, Dissolution and potentially NGI, ED, PSD, XRPD etc.
You will be primarily performing routine early product analytical method validation and formulation development support as well as supporting routine QC release and stability testing where required. You will also provide support for equipment cleaning verifications and/or stability study support, as well as ensuring that all work is of a high quality and carried out in a timely manner. Involvement in process and laboratory improvements is expected in this role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contributing to quality documentation and investigations where required i.e. LIRs, CAPAs, Deviations, SOP updates.
- To support project activities under supervision and contribute in the evaluation of data, problem solving, development and validation activities.
- To support project lead in appropriate cross project communications (including client) to meet required project timelines.
- To generate, assimilate, trend and evaluate technical and scientific data generated and compile reports/protocols in line with project objectives under supervision.
- Plan and execute daily/weekly work load with minimal supervision and complete in a timely manner with minimal errors.
- To flag conflicting priorities to senior management and manage multiple task assignments.
- To perform HPLC method optimisation activities under supervision.
- Ensure that GMP compliance is maintained in the Analytical laboratory.
- Maintain the HPLC systems and GMP analytical system and associated documentation e.g. SOPs, Test Methods.
- Contribute to the Stability Chambers call-out rota as required.
- Perform equipment cleaning verifications where required.
- To develop knowledge in analytical techniques as required meeting business needs.
- To maintain your own training record and to discuss needs with your line manager.
- To employ the principle of continuous improvement and a basis of teamwork in day to day activities with colleagues.
- To set and maintain appropriate goals and standards of performance for self, taking the initiative to achieve breakthroughs.
- Carry out duties in accordance with the companies’ health and safety policies.
- Undertake specific research activities and duties as required by Quotient Sciences Senior management.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal hours and to do shift work as and when required by the company.
- Flexibility to take on other cross functional responsibilities based on company needs.
We want to hear from you if you have a Minimum BSc, MSc or PhD and minimum of 4 year’s experience in Pharmaceutical, Analytical Chemistry as well as experience in the use of HPLC equipment and working to cGMP.
Not only will you have a basic understanding of analytical method validation requirements, but also good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to perform multiple tasks at once.
Our ideal candidate will enjoy being part of a small but vibrant team. They have a ‘can do’ attitude, with a strong work ethic, are willing to go ‘the extra mile’ and are committed to delivering excellent an service.
In return, we offer a lively and sociable working environment, and the chance to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and rewarding industry. If you are ready for a new challenge in a role that offers significant training and career progression opportunities, then please get in touch.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion. We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.