Associate Formulation Scientist - Sandwich Placement
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we help biotech and pharma customers save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,300 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community that’s focused on innovation and are driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
Quotient Sciences are committed to developing the careers of the next generation of pharmaceutical scientists and have a number of fantastic opportunities for undergraduate students on sandwich courses to spend a year in industry working in the Pharmaceutical Sciences department in Formulation Development. Excellent communication is essential in this role to communicate the progress of projects effectively within the cross-functional team.
Within Quotient Sciences, no day is ever the same. There is always a fresh challenge, offering you the chance to develop your expertise within the cutting edge of pharmaceutical sciences. Our unique business model integrates Drug Formulation, Clinical Testing and GMP Manufacturing and is disrupting pharmaceutical development, cutting the time and cost to get innovative medicines to patients.
The successful candidate will have completed at least a year of undergraduate study at a high level and be eligible for a sandwich year placement, ideally with some experience of working within a laboratory environment.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK upon being offered employment.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- To plan experiments and write protocols, according to an agreed work schedule
- To prepare and characterise formulations
- To perform radiolabelling method development, validation
- Working in a safe responsible manner at all times and towards the implementation of GLP and GMP
- To involve manufacture of radiolabelled pharmaceuticals to cGMP standards (in-vivo) and cGCP/Quotient SOP standards (in-vitro) and associated laboratory activities
- Storage, use and disposal of Radioactive Isotopes in line with regulatory requirements and PP SOPs, to include liaising with Radiation Protection Supervisor (RPS) or nominated Deputy on any radiation protection issues that may arise.
- Keeping detailed and accurate records of all work undertaken.
- Accurate analysis and calculation of results, in line with written Protocol and /or SOPs of the company.
- To write reports as necessary.
- To communicate progress of projects effectively to Quotient staff as required
- To carry out routine cleaning and general laboratory maintenance duties, as required
- To be aware of the need for confidentiality outside the company
- To perform other duties as reasonably require
Completed at least 2 years of undergraduate study at the time of joining Quotient, and be performing at a high level (equivalent to a 1st or 2.1 class degree
- Reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Good computer skills including MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Closing date is Friday, 22nd December 2023
Interviews for the position will take place in January 2024
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion. We strive to create a diverse Quotient family and develop a workplace culture that provides a sense of acceptance for every person within our organisation. As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants are welcome.