US ~ Homebased
Director, Senior Director, Business Development -West Coast
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 700 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Business Development executive to flourish within a high profile position at Quotient Sciences. The individual will be part of a team of business development executives based in North Amercia and will be responsible for driving sales from new accounts and existing customers. Currently the US is Quotient Sciences largest market, comprising 60% of business intake.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- To deliver the territory sales target, achieved through the development of a strong deal pipeline
- Drive the whole business development process for a defined territory or set of accounts, from the identification of initial opportunities, through the development of specific proposals, to delivery of a signed contract; utilizing appropriate internal resources (e.g. science, finance) as appropriate
- Research and identify potential client companies, initiate contact with relevant individuals. Arrange client visits “solo” or with scientific support to present on the Quotient Sciences vision, capabilities and expertise; develop relationships with key decision-makers, identify potential studies and win new business
- Work with Marketing to develop and implement tactical marketing plans for the territory to generate proactive enquires through the effective promotion of Quotient Sciences within the territory
- Develop and extend relationships with existing customers to secure repeat business by working alongside the Project Management function who are responsible for the delivery of studies
- Ensure the effective hand-over of projects from business development to Project Management and operational delivery
- Frequent travel within the territory is essential
We are looking for candidates who possess a high level of market awareness, knowledge of drug development and have direct experience of selling in the areas of either Formulation Development, Clinical Manufacturing, Phase I and/or Clinical Pharmacology.
We are seeking a tenacious professional who can self-build a robust business pipeline by spotting project opportunities from direct interactions with pharma and biotech companies. Understanding customers’ needs, building strong relationships and providing tailored solutions are key requisites for this post.
Qualifications & experience required:
- Track record of developing business for a CDMO, CRO or consulting business
- A coherent understanding of the drug development process
- Previous success in selling Formulation Development, Clinical Manufacturing, Phase I and/or Clinical Pharmacology
- An established network of clients and industry contacts
- Ability to interact at levels ranging from VP’s to Development Team scientists
- Scientifically and commerically astute with an aptitude for thinking “outside the box”
- Hard working and with a “can do” attitude
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Educated to at least degree standard in a relevant Life Science
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.