US ~ Homebased
Director, Senior Director, Business Development (Clinical Pharmacology/Phase I specialist)-North America
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 700 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
As we begin to prepare Quotient Sciences and SeaView Research for the next phase of business growth, a Director or Senior Director of Business Development is required in a new permanent position. The individual will be part of a US commercial team based in North America and this role will focus almost exclusively on the expansion of the SeaView Research clinical pharmacology business. The individual will be accountable for driving new clinical pharmacology programs into the Florida clinics with by opening new accounts and developing existing customer relationships.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- To deliver a new sales target for Phase I/Clinical Pharmacology at SeaView Research, achieved through the development of a strong deal pipeline.
- Drive the whole business development process for new opportunties, from identification through the development of specific proposals, to delivery of a signed contract, working closely with internal resources at the clinical sites.
- Research potential client companies and initiate contact with relevant individuals.
- Visit prospective clients to present on SeaView Research’s capabilities and expertize; develop relationships with decision-makers, identify projects and win new business.
- Work with the VP Business Development and Marketing Director to develop and implement tactical marketing plans for Phase I/Clinical Pharmacology in the US.
- Develop and extend relationships with existing customers to secure repeat business and Preferred Provider relationships, by working alongside SeaView Research’s leadership team and Project Managers.
- Facilitate the cross-selling of other core services within the Quotient Clinical business.
- Frequent travel within the US is essential and there will be occasional travel to the UK.
We are looking for candidates who possess a deep knowledge of business development in Phase I research and Clinical Pharmacology. The individual will act as primary contact for new project discussions, RFP’s, bid defences, project feasibility and scientific issues for clients, drawing on extensive experience of the design and conduct of early stage clinical studies. The candidate should also have high level of market awareness and knowledge of the drug development process.
We are seeking a tenacious professional who can self-build a robust business Phase I/clinical pharmacology pipeline by seeking out project opportunities and soliciting early phase RFP’s from pharma and biotech companies. Understanding needs, building strong relationships and providing tailored solutions are key requisites for this post.
Qualifications & experience required:
- Track record of developing business for an early phase CRO or consulting business
- A coherent understanding of the drug development process
- Previous success in selling Phase I and Clinical Pharmacology
- An established network of clients and industry contacts (scientific and outsourcing)
- Ability to interact at levels ranging from VP’s to Development Team scientists
- Scientifically and commerically astute with an aptitude for thinking “outside the box”
- Hard working and with a “can do” attitude
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Educated to at least degree standard in a relevant Life Science
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.