UK ~ Nottingham
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 700 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
As a Formulation Scientist you will conduct formulation development work including pre-formulation and formulation characterisation whilst supporting development and validation of radiolabelling methods for clinical studies. You’ll transfer formulation and radiolabelling methods into GMP clinical manufacturing, with input on manufacturing protocols, validation criteria and other key parameters and write experimental protocol and reports.
Main tasks and responsibilities are:
- To plan experiments and write protocols, according to an agreed work schedule
- To prepare and characterise formulations
- To perform radiolabelling method development, validation activities
- Working in a safe responsible manner at all times and towards the implementation of GLP and GMP
- Storage, use and disposal of Radioactive Isotopes in line with regulatory requirements and PP SOPs, to include liaising with Radiation Protection Supervisor (RPS) or nominated Deputy on any radiation protection issues that may arise.
- Keeping detailed and accurate records of all work undertaken.
- Accurate analysis and calculation of results, in line with written Protocol and /or SOPs of the company.
- To write internal and external reports as necessary.
- To communicate progress of in vitro and in vivo projects effectively to senior managers or Quotient staff as required
- To carry out routine cleaning and general laboratory maintenance duties, as required
- To be aware of the need for confidentiality outside the company
- To perform other duties as reasonably required
This role is based at our Nottingham site.
- Minimum degree level qualification in pharmacy or chemistry related discipline
- Relevant work experience in formulation development and knowledge on radioisotopes would be desirable but not necessary
- cGMP experience will be an advantage
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.