UK ~ Edinburgh
Trainee Data Manager
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 700 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Due to our continued growth and success we have an excellent opportunity for a Trainee Data Manager to join our Data Sciences department. You will be involved in the challenging environment of early phase clinical research and be trained in the many different aspects of data management and clinical data processing.
Data Sciences at Quotient Sciences comprises over 50 staff and provides an expert service in the data management, analysis and reporting of early Phase clinical studies (both healthy volunteer and patient).
Each clinical study is set-up according to the clinical protocol which details the study design, objectives, dosing information, data collection and reporting methods. Other project team members will perform tasks such as study database programing, entry of data, etc.
Working as part of the team the Trainee Data Manager will be responsible for:
- Writing the study Data Management Plan
- Creating database specifications
- Testing the study database
- Reviewing data in the study database and identify missing, inconsistent and incorrect data and with the help of clinical staff resolve these possible data problems
- Following completion of data management tasks, you will then perform final database lock so it’s ready for statisticians and programmers to analyse and report
We use industry standard software as our database systems and full training will be provided in these alongside data management techniques. Dependent on your development, our career pathway allows you to expand your data management role over time and progress to more senior roles, tasks and sponsor interaction. Senior candidates will also act as the Lead Data Manager for assigned studies.
This role is based at our Edinburgh site.
The successful candidate will have a life science degree (or similar) or experience of data management or knowledge of GLP/GCP.
Other essential skills and experience required are:
- Experience of collection, clinical data management and/or clinical trials would be an advantage
- You will also need to demonstrate a strong interest in a career within clinical data management
- Good organisational and presentation skills and the ability to work to deadlines whilst maintaining quality standards
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask are essential
- Effective oral and written communication skills are also required as you will be a primary data management point of contact for Data Sciences and clinical staff and in time, sponsors
Candidates with previous clinical data management experience will be considered for a more senior role.
The role will be based in our Edinburgh office.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK at the time of being offered employment.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.