UK ~ Nottingham
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 700 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Quotient Sciences have a fantastic opportunity available for an Environmental Microbiologist. The Environmental Microbiologist will report into the Microbiology Manager and ensure that the manufacturing areas at Quotient’s Ruddington site are suitably commissioned from a microbiological perspective.
The Environmental Microbiologist will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist the commissioning of GMP facilities from a microbiological perspective
- On-going Environmental Monitoring of GMP facilities
- Ensuring that all off site microbiological testing is performed to the required level of quality
- Ensuring that the Aseptic Process validation and training for operators is to the required industry standard.
- Stay current with best practices from a microbiological perspective.
Other responsibilities include:
- Supporting all microbiological manufacturing and testing activities (offsite and on site) and assist with data interpretation where required including investigations performed.
- Authoring, reviewing and approving SOP`s, WI’s, protocols and reports from a microbiological perspective.
- Providing support to the Microbiology Manager as and when required.
This is a part-time role. You will be required to work 22.5 hours over 3 days.
The successful candidate will ideally have a HND/ BSC in Microbiology or a related topic and relevant experience gained from working in a micro biology laboratory.
The role will involve working to tight deadlines whilst juggling a range of tasks/ issues simultaneously, so the ability to multitask and prioritise is essential.
The successful candidate must have the right to work in the UK at the time of being offered employment.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.