US ~ Miami
Our growing and successful business comprise of over 700 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specializing in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real-time GMP manufacturing, and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Due to growth and expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for a Study Nurse to join the Clinical Operations Department. As a Study Nurse, you will be responsible for coordinating, supervising and monitoring study activities, following adverse events and administering study medications.
Other tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for administering study medication to study participants.
- Familiar with intravenous infusion techniques including pumps.
- Responsible for supervising staff and study events on the unit according to protocol requirements. Responsible for making staff adjustments during absences or others unanticipated work circumstances.
- Responsible for monitoring study schedules and reviewing study activities as they progress.
- Responsible for reviewing, recording and following adverse events.
- Responsible for confirming that a complete screening chart containing informed consents, lab results and Investigator approval is available on the day of admission for every admitted subject.
- Responsible for monitoring clinical results, compliance, and/or safety issues which would trigger the exclusion or discontinuation of a participant.
- Ability to effectively interact with pharmaceutical company representatives (monitors) and clinical research organizations (CRO) in response to queries during the course of the research study.
- Participates in protocol meetings with pharmaceutical company representatives.
- Assures that all necessary source documents are available on the unit on a timely basis.
- Reviews study source documents for completion.
- Assists with new employee (regular and per diem) training by providing orientation to general study procedures and responsibilities.
- Familiarity with crash cart emergency procedures.
- Assists with other nursing duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have current and valid Florida nursing license. BSN or RN with a minimum of 2 years experience preferably in a clinical research environment. Fluent in English/Spanish preferred.
Other essential skills and experience are:
Attention to detail and organized
Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training, and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast-paced and dynamic business.