US ~ Miami
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 700 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specializing in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real-time GMP manufacturing, and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Due to growth and expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for a Pharmacy Technician to join the Pharmacy Department. As the Pharmacy Technician, you will work under the direct supervision of the Pharmacist.
Other tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Pharmacist in preparing study drug dispensing logs, labels, pharmacy binder and dosing binders.
- Receives drug orders and verifies lot numbers/quantities, and maintains records.
- May have to travel to Jacksonville site for training or technician coverage.
- Verifies the dispensing of study medications.
- Maintains orderliness, neatness, and cleanliness of Pharmacy.
- Completes weekly cleaning of the pharmacy clean rooms.
- Maintains Pharmacy temperature/humidity records as well as refrigerator and freezer temperature records. Temperature wheels are changed weekly on Monday.
- Assists the Pharmacist in the maintenance of crash carts and verification of inventory and expiration dates. Completes weekly Breakaway Lock verification.
- Maintains inventory of all pharmacy supplies, non-prescription medications, and personal care items kept in stock.
- Prepares drug returns/expired/outdated drugs for destruction.
- Assists with other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will be registered with the state as a pharmacy technician, ability to follow directions and prioritize effectively with a minimum of 3 years experience as a Pharmacy Technician.
Other essential skills and experience are:
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Detail and task oriented.
- 2-year college or technical degree preferred.
- Ability to follow directions and prioritize effectively.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Pharmacy Technician.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Computer literacy and Microsoft Office Proficiency.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate evening and weekend hours if needed.
- Certified pharmacy technician preferred
- Hospital experience preferred.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training, and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast-paced and dynamic business.