US ~ Miami
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 700 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specializing in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real-time GMP manufacturing, and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Due to growth and expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for Logistics Coordinator to join the Facilities Department. As a Logistics Coordinator, you will primarily be responsible for monitoring and handling the daily non-medical operational activities for Quotient Sciences - Miami.
Other tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Prepares a weekly schedule for housekeeping and maintenance staff in accordance with company needs.
- Assigns daily tasks to housekeeping and maintenance staff according to requirements of the operations.
- Ensures that housekeeping and maintenance daily tasks have been completed as assigned.
- Communicates any issues to the Administrator promptly.
- Guides housekeeping and maintenance staff in properly performing daily tasks.
- Inspects all units on a daily basis, or more frequently if needed, and ensures each unit is clean, organized, and presentable. Things to monitor include: furniture, medical/non-medical equipment, appliances, and nurses’ station.
- Schedules all building and equipment maintenance visits as well as repairs. Follows-up and ensures that work is completed. Records and documents in writing all related communication and resolution on appropriate forms. Communicates status of such maintenance and repairs regularly to Administrator and appropriate department manager.
- Maintains and updates inventory records for building equipment, medical equipment, and non-medical equipment.
- Maintains and updates warranties or service contracts for building equipment, medical equipment, and non-medical equipment.
- Maintains and updates pertinent logs for building equipment, medical equipment, and non-medical equipment.
- Must be familiar with the duties of Purchasing/Inventory Clerk.
- Assists in obtaining competitive bids on equipment, supplies, food, services, and building projects.
- Maintains good communication and rapport with all vendors and internal departments.
- Communicates effectively and regularly to Administrator on the status of assigned duties.
- Coordinates and sets up internal and external organizational events such as birthday celebrations, staff lunches, staff meetings, or meetings with visitors.
- Maintains and updates all licenses, certificates, and permits related to the organization. Ensures that current licenses, certificates, and permits are displayed properly and in a timely manner.
- Assists with special projects as assigned by the Administrator.
- Assists with community service projects as assigned.
- Assists with major maintenance and remodeling projects as assigned.
- Assist with the purchasing of study specific supplies or special equipment as assigned.
- Assists with any other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have an Associate Degree preferred or equivalent work experience. Ability to communicate effectively on a business/professional level and work independently in a fast paced environment.
Other essential skills and experience are:
Fluent in English and Spanish.
Professional appearance, demeanor and phone manner.
Computer literate, proficiency in Windows environment.
Minimum of five years of progressive administrative assistant/secretarial work experience.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training, and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast-paced and dynamic business.