US ~ Miami
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 700 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specializing in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real-time GMP manufacturing, and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Due to growth and expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for a Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant to join the Clinical Department. As a Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant, you will be responsible to collect biological samples, performs phlebotomy, vital signs and ECG’s in accordance with the specific activity schedule. Tracks overall study event schedule and participant compliance.
Other tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for collection of biological samples; e.g. urine, and sputum.
- Responsible for drawing blood specimens (by venepuncture) according to the times specified in the study schedules.
- Responsible for recording and maintaining records of blood draws and other biological specimen collections (per SOPs) via paper or electronic.
- Assist with the proper labeling and preparation of blood collection tubes when indicated.
- Assures that all necessary blood collection tubes, equipment, and supplies are on the floor prior to blood draw time.
- Prepares the unit for any scheduled activities and upon completion removes all equipment and/or supplies from the floor.
- Able to take and record accurate vital signs; recognize and report any abnormal vital signs.
- Able to operate ECG machine and or Holter if within the scope of practice.
- Promptly reports any study participant’s adverse event and/or lack of compliance to the Study Nurse Coordinator.
- Must be familiar with proper phlebotomy and laboratory procedures in compliance with OSHA regulations, Good Clinical Practices and Quotient Sciences Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for proper biomedical waste disposal procedures and schedules.
- Responsible for reading and understanding all protocols and schedules.
- Responsible for assisting in the recording and distributing of meals to study participants according to strict meal schedules.
- Assures that the unit is kept clean and orderly at all times and removes any items not permitted from the floor.
- Able to interact and maintain a professional demeanor with study participants during their inpatient stay.
- Responsible for observing confidentiality practices regarding any protocols, subject information and/or any relevant industry information at all times.
- Assists with the preparation of data collection binders and study documents as assigned by the Study Nurse Coordinator.
- Assists with any other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have technical school phlebotomy training or Medical Assistant certificate with a minimum two years of active phlebotomy experience preferred.
Other essential skills and experience are:
Required to have a working knowledge of OSHA regulations and proper blood
Attention to detail and organized
Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training, and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast-paced and dynamic business.