US ~ Miami
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 700 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specializing in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real-time GMP manufacturing, and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Due to growth and expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for a Pharmacy Manager to join the Pharmacy Department. As the Pharmacy Manager, you will work under the direct supervision of the Vice President & Site Head of Miami.
Other tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Receipt and documentation of drug shipments and related supplies.
- Develops standard operating procedures.
- Prepares compounded medication in compliance with research protocol requirements, USP 795 and USP 797.
- Creates source documents and develops protocol specific pharmacy manuals and worksheets.
- Serves as a resource for pharmacy related queries by answering drug information questions and conducting protocol training for nursing staff and associated personnel.
- Fills out a form verifying that the test article received is, in fact, consistent with all written descriptions of the material provided by the sponsor and/ or shipper.
- Calculates that supplies received are sufficient to perform the study.
- Dispenses drug and completes related documentation.
- Oversees drug disposition and maintains accountability records.
- Maintains retention drug inventory.
- Responsible for timely and properly documented return of unused drug to sponsor and/ or destruction of the drug when required by the sponsor.
- Safekeeping of blinded dispensing information and the filing or disposition of this information following study completion.
- Oversees that orderliness, organization, and neatness are maintained in the pharmacy, clean room, and crash carts.
- Maintains Temperature and Humidity records/charts for refrigerators, freezers, clean rooms, and ambient storage areas.
- Meets with pharmaceutical sponsors in regard to study blinding, dispensing and/or formulation
- Maintains crash cart drug and supply inventory including verification of valid expiration dates.
- Maintains non-prescription medication and personal care item inventory.
- Verifies that the Pharmacy section in each study’s Regulatory File is complete
- Maintains Familiarity with FDA and ICH guidelines for drug accountability and drug retention.
- Oversees the maintenance and inventory of pharmacy equipment and supplies.
- Willingness to accommodate tonight or weekend dosing schedules when required.
The successful candidate will have an Active Pharmacy License, Registered in the State of Florida and prioritize effectively.
Other essential skills and experience are:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience or completion of PGY1 Residency Program
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Attention to detail and organized
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training, and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast-paced and dynamic business.