UK ~ Nottingham
IT Support Technician
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 700 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Due to business growth we have a new role available in Information Technology Services for an IT Support Technician. The IT Support Technician will provide appropriate support for IT systems, software, hardware and users, in support of the Quotient business and its customers.
You will also assist in the day-to-day administration of the IT network infrastructure, servers, assist with projects and develop IT initiatives for the business. You will provide generic helpdesk support as well as providing project related support to projects within a particular discipline (Infrastructure, Development or Desktop Support).
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in meeting agreed SLA’s/KPI’s/Metrics for IT support services
- Assisting in Network/Server Administration tasks
- Supporting users and external clients as required
- Assisting with the daily running of the IT department
- Providing ad-hoc out of hours support to cover for critical/ emergency IT issues
- Any other IT/facility based duties required by the business
- Following through with users to ensure tickets raised are completed within SLA
- Monitoring and reporting on backup of systems and data in line with daily requirements
- Project related work will be within a specific discipline (Infrastructure, Development or Desktop Support)
- Travelling to UK and International sites as needed for the provision of local support and ITS projects (full UK driving license is preferred)
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of working in an IT/Helpdesk environment.
The following experience is required:
- Proven knowledge of IT systems, software and support methods
- A-Level or above qualifications in IT (or relevant industry experience/training)
- 2nd / 3rd line support experience
- Incident and problem management experience
- Experienced in Virtualisation, VMWare/Hyper-V, Microsoft Office 365, Powershell, or VOIP is desirable but not essential
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise workloads on a daily basis
This roles requires a high concentration of work. You will be required to work to strict and tight deadlines, so the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously within a fast paced work environment is essential.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.