US ~ Boothwyn, PA
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 700 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
The purpose of this position is to install, repair, and maintain production and non-production equipment/systems, including the physical facility.
This position is to carry out all essential duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
Other tasks and responsibilities will include:
- To complete all required general duties of a Maintenance Mechanic as defined in the department General Duties Matrix.
- To execute assigned duties in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, including local/state/federal laws.
- Scheduling of maintenance activities with internal customers and external vendors, as necessary.
The Maintenance Technician must be proficient in the following:
- Reading of mechanical and electrical drawings/schematics.
- Troubleshooting of equipment/systems, including their associated control systems (e.g. – programmable logic controllers).
- Completing documentation to meet regulatory and company requirements
- This position includes direct supervision of equipment/service vendors and trade contractors, as necessary, in the execution of their assigned duties.
- This position does not include indirect/direct supervision of any Quotient Sciences employees.
- Required: High School, or GED (minimum).
- Desired: Bachelor of Science or specialty degree/certification from a vocational institution.
- Required: Minimum of three (3) years of performing corrective/preventative maintenance activities for equipment and utilities.
- Required: Minimum of two (2) years of working in a FDA regulated GxP environment, an ISO 9002 environment, or other regulated environment with a defined quality system (e.g. – nuclear).
- Desired: 1-3 years of direct usage of a CMMS.
- Fluent in communications (verbal/written) in English
- Basic mathematics and geometry
- Must be able to utilize technical documentation (e.g. - manuals, specifications, drawings, etc.) to complete assigned maintenance activities.
- Must be able to assist in root cause analysis of instrumentation/equipment failures.
Other Skills, Abilities, and Qualifications
- Required: Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Required: Ability to work independently as well as with others in a team environment.
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Continually required to smell
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather)
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally work in high, precarious places
- Occasionally work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions
- Occasionally exposed to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision; Distance vision; Color vision; Peripheral vision; Depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to met OSHA requirements to wear respiratory personal protective equipment (PPE).
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.