ISM - 2018
US ~ Garnet Valley, PA
US ~ Homebased
Inside Sales Manager
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 800 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Due to business growth and expansion we have a brand new opportunity for an Inside Sales Manager who will work as part of the Marketing Department. The Inside Sales Manager is accountable for identification of new accounts, new prospects, contacts and new opportunities and the subsequent transition of qualified opportunities into the US based business development executives. Accounts and contacts will be identified within specified territories, market segments, client categories or broadly across the marketplace and will be supported by access to proprietary databases as well as publicly available data. The Inside Sales Manager will be focused on generating opportunities across Quotient’s service lines including Formulation Development & Manufacturing, Translational Pharmaceutics, Clinical Pharmacology and Commercial Manufacturing.
As a member of the marketing team, the Inside Sales Manager uses their technical knowledge and/or experience, along with a systematic data-driven approach to develop leads from “prospect” through to qualified contacts and a validated business opportunity. The Inside Sales Manager will nurture prospects by educating them on Quotient’s services and experience, using all available marketing and technical collateral including case studies, scientific papers and fact sheets. The Inside Sales Manager will use his or her tenacity and commercial acumen to involve scientific/technical support at the appropriate time and facilitate warm introductions between the contacts and the Quotient business development team. The external business development team are responsible for progressing the opportunity to signed contract.
This position is ideal for someone with pharmaceutical laboratory or manufacturing experience who is interested in a career path and growth potential within business development. The Inside Sales Manager is a highly motivated, self-starter with a drive to research and generate new business prospects. The Inside Sales Manager will work towards a pre-agreed target based on key KPI’s (e.g. number of calls made, number of new contacts added to our CRM database, number of opportunities created for the BD team).
Other tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Researching, identifying and developing new business prospects from multiple sources including market intelligence databases, cold calling, marketing campaigns, company web-site, webinars, seminars and conferences.
- Driving the process from prospect identification, through nurturing campaigns, provision of case studies and relevant literature on Quotient’s services, development of ballpark costs, opportunity validation through to “handover” of clear opportunities to the remote business development team.
- Maintaining accurate customer data in the CRM system (Salesforce) and generating timely activity reports, metrics and KPI’s as requested.
Experience and skills required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Chemistry, Microbiology, Life Sciences) required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in CDMO or CRO sales and business development, project management, contract management, or pharmaceutical, clinical research or CDMO laboratory experience required.
- Must be able to adopt flexible working hours and willing to work across different time zones for interactions with clients (and colleagues) across the US and EU.
- Prior insides sales experience preferred
- Knowledge of the drug development process.
- Technology orientation with the ability to gain proficiency using a Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) required. Prior experience with a CRM system, preferably Salesforce, preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, project management, organisation skills and ability to multi-task required.
- Results orientation, determined and a self-starter; comfortable, willing and able to make cold calls and work towards pre-agreed targets/metrics.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
- Proficiency utilizing internet and social media tools for researching potential leads.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career path within a fast paced and dynamic business. This is a role which offers considerable career trajectory for the right candidate, either within a marketing or business development capacity.