US ~ Boothwyn, PA
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 700 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
The Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist will work in conjunction with the Director of EHS to maintain a culture of safety within the organization and assist in compliance with all federal, state and local health and safety regulations. The EHS Specialist will be familiar with the following regulatory programs such as Respiratory Protection, Hazard Communication, Chemical Hygiene, lock out/tag out and EPA waste regulations.
Other tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Perform incident investigations and assist in corrective action
- Conduct warehouse and office job hazard analysis, and recommend preventative/corrective action where EHS hazards exist
- Lead the evacuation team
- Perform administrative duties including but not limited to general data entry and filing of training records, compliance documentation, and other EH&S records
- Chair/co-chair the Safety committee
- Develop, maintain and update as needed SOP’s for all safe work practices and utilize them in the day to day raining on EH&S programs
- Oversee Hazardous Waste Management
- Perform Industrial Hygiene sampling and write reports as necessary
- Conduct Hearing Conservation training
- Conduct Workplace Hazard assessments
- Maintain the pest control program
- Masters Degree (M. S.) in Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science or Engineering or Bachelors Degree (B.A.) in Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science or Engineering and two years experience.
- Work experience in a pharmaceutical or laboratory/manufacturing environment is required.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and standard operating procedure manuals.
- Write routine reports and business correspondence and standard operating procedures manuals.
- Conduct training using powerpoint, pictures and graphs.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to make critical decisions in a timely manner
Other Skills, Abilities, or Qualifications
- Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, NFPA, ANSI, ASHRAE, DOT and CDC regulations and guidelines
- Knowledge of chemical concepts and theories.
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical process.
- Familiar with laboratory equipment
- Completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- Computer skills: Enter data into computer using software applications for data entry and word processing. Work and be proficient with e-mail systems
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks while maintaining speed of work and attention to detail without loss to production.
- Ability to interact with laboratory and manufacturing personnel.
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to qualify for respiratory protective equipment use.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.