US ~ Garnet Valley, PA
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 700 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
The Materials Coordinator in Project Management will coordinate all aspects of project materials for the Project Managers. This will include, but will not be limited to, confirmation of procurement, tracking and confirmation of shipment and delivery, confirmation of sampling, shipment and testing and release of raw materials. The role is cross-functional and requires collaboration with and coordination of many different functional teams/SMEs within the business. The coordinator will be expected to troubleshoot problems and take advantage of opportunities to streamline systems. As this is a new position, the coordinator will be responsible for developing workflows that fit within the current materials release process.
Other tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Maintain visibility of raw material inventory
- Collaborate with PM, Formulation Development Group, and purchasing to understand need for restock of general materials
- Evaluate priority of raw material release
- Ensure that incoming materials are received into electronic inventory system in a timely fashion
- Ensure seamless receipt of materials, e.g. required shipment documentation, creation and maintenance of item codes
- Ensure specifications are approved/finalized prior to receipt of material
- Request sampling of materials and maintain visibility on the sampling schedule
- Ensure release testing proceeds according to predetermined timelines/manufacturing schedule
- Communicate conflicts/delays to Project Management
The successful candidate will have a BS/BA degree, preferably in science, engineering, or project management or equivalent and at least 2 years’ experience working in a clinical or commercial manufacturing environment or related experience. Experience in supply chain logistics and/or product value stream desired.
Other preferable essential skills and experience are:
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, manuals, and standard operating procedures.
- Identify problems, communicate information to appropriate personnel, proactively anticipate project planning activities
- Excellent written/oral communication skills, computer knowledge (MS Excel, Word, Project)
- Ability to work independently as well as with others in a team environment
Proficient with e-mail systems and client correspondence
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.