UK ~ Nottingham
1st March 2019
Clinical Trials Volunteer Recruitment Manager
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 800 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
We have a fantastic career opportunity in Volunteer Management for a Volunteer Recruitment Manager. Volunteer Management are responsible for recruiting healthy volunteers to take part in clinical studies at Quotients clinical research unit in Nottingham.
The Volunteer Recruitment Manager will oversee the efficient running of the Volunteer Recruitment department.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- To proactively manage and oversee the efficient running of volunteer recruitment activities to fill trials on time and in full.
- Line Management responsibility for Recruitment Leads, Recruitment Coordinators and Recruitment Administrators.
- Working with line manager and Volunteer Enrolment & Marketing Manager (plus others as appropriate) to define volunteer numbers required for dosing and hence advertising and other recruitment activities.
- Reviewing training and development needs and coaching of staff.
- Effective planning and management of evening, weekend and holiday rotas to ensure adequate cover at all times.
- Preparation, review and management of relevant volunteer documents, SOPs and generic documents.
- Strategic planning of volunteer appointments taking the following into account; Staff absence, shift work, dosing days.
- Collation of Recruitment metrics for operational reporting.
- Oversight of set-up and study updates on recruitment database and archiving studies on completion.
- Preparation and circulation of daily recruitment update.
- Overseeing/processing of volunteer payments.
- General volunteer liaison.
- Identifying and liaising with Project Management group over possible recruitment strategies, issues and supporting sponsor calls, visits and supporting the QA team with sponsor audits on site.
- Investigation of quality issues and ability to suggest and close off CAPAs.
The successful candidate will have prior experience of managing a team and will be capable of communicating effectively across many levels, both internally and externally. This role will involve a very high concentration of work, so the ability to juggle a range of tasks/ issues simultaneously whilst working to strict and tight deadlines is essential.
The ideal candidate will have previous relevant work experience, excellent written and spoken English. Strong IT and communication skills are also essential. Experience within a pharmaceutical, life sciences or recruitment environment is desirable but not essential.
This role requires working outside normal working hours due to needing to respond to client demands.
Skills and experience required:
- Line management experience with the ability to coach and motivate team
- Experience of working in a fast paced office environment
- Proactive approach to overcoming challenges
- Effective multi-tasking skills and ability to prioritise own and others workloads
- Exceptional communication skills both written and oral
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to analyse metrics in order to set KPIs and make process improvements
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.