US ~ Boothwyn, PA
Manufacturing Maintenance Mechanic
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 700 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specializing in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
The Manufacturing Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for ensuring the successful timely manufacture of cGMP batches through the maintenance and repair of equipment on the manufacturing floor.
Other tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Works on the repair and maintenance of process equipment in the GMP manufacturing areas.
- Compression, Encapsulation, Fluid Bed, High Shear Granulators, Mills, Sifters, Mixers/Blenders and Automatic Weight Sorters
- Exhibits technical breadth in electronics and electrical controls, mechanisms, material handling, and facilities controls including pneumatics.
- Ensures all equipment is maintained per SOPs and Planned Maintenance (PM) schedules.
- Coordinate with planning and commercial manufacturing group’s activities necessary to ensure project repair requirements are met.
- Comply with cGMPs, safety, and housekeeping and security procedures.
- Generate work orders for all equipment needing repair including follow-up on status of repair.
- Discuss any safety issues/concerns.
- Communicate any compliance concerns to the Manager of Commercial Manufacturing and /or Quality Assurance.
- Maintain equipment in a neat and clean fashion.
- Report any equipment issues to the Manager of Commercial Manufacturing.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Senior Management.
- HS Diploma or GED Required
- AAS preferred in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technology with related science experience
- 5 - 10 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry particularly in the manufacture of oral dosage forms (i.e. solutions, suspensions, tablets and capsules preferred).
- Knowledge and application of scientific principles and techniques. Must be able to maintain and repair highly complex equipment. Exposure to computer software associated with word processing and spreadsheets a must.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.