UK ~ Reading
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 700 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Due to an increased number of projects within our Pharmaceutical Operations department we have a fantastic opportunity for an Analytical Manager. As the Analytical Manager, you will be responsible for managing and running a Section of the Analytical Department in line with company objectives and plans, ensuring the analytical projects are handled professionally and within the time frame agreed with clients, managing assigned analytical teams/staff to take care of the projects in line with company expectations, ensuring compliance and quality is adhered to within the analytical department in line with the company’s quality objectives, assisting the Director of Analytical Services in the smooth running of analytical operations to meet the demand of the company operations.
- To coordinate and implement the development of analytical methodologies for the analysis of pharmaceutical materials
- Assume responsibility for ensuring that analytical activities meet the demands of the external and internal projects to which the company has committed.
- To assume delegated responsibility for maintaining compliant processes with the analytical team and laboratory
- To provide Analytical expertise to IMP manufacture and Development, Screening & Formulation Development and Inhalation groups and business clients as required.
- To review and approve analytical data generated in support of IND/IMPD’s.
- To utilize the resources available to ensure they contribute maximum effectiveness in achieving project objectives.
- To effectively manage multiple conflicting or simultaneous priorities.
- Ensure that GMP compliance is maintained in the Analytical laboratory.
- Maintain the GMP analytical system and associated documentation e.g. SOPs, Test Methods.
- Ensure the Stability storage and testing is maintained in compliance with ICH guidelines and testing is completed and reported in line with protocol.
- To generate, assimilate and evaluate technical and scientific data and issue reports/protocols in line with project objectives.
- To develop knowledge and become expert in analytical techniques as required meeting business needs.
- Train and mentor others in the development of skills, use of GMP analytical equipment, project responsibilities, and career progression, as required.
- To improve the skill set of the department, identifying training needs, ensuring training records are maintained.
- Ensure equipment and chemical stock levels are sufficient for project needs.
- To champion the principle of continuous improvement within the department and to foster the spirit of teamwork in day to day activities within Analytical Development and with other colleagues.
- To set and maintain appropriate goals and standards of performance for self and staff, demonstrate initiative to achieve breakthroughs.
- To promote the interaction and exchange of ideas within the department and with other groups, provide leadership to foster and champion a creative culture. Encourage participation from all members of the department.
- Ensure all departmental activities are conducted in accordance with the companies’ health and safety policies.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by management.
This role is based at our Reading site.
The successful candidate will have
- BSc, MSc or PhD (or extensive experience) in Pharmaceutical, Analytical Chemistry with 15+ years’ experience
- Managerial, Supervisory, project and technical experience
- Experience of working to cGMP
- Understanding of investigational drug development process an advantage
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK at the time of being offered employment.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.