UK ~ Reading
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 700 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Due to an increased number of projects within our Pharmaceutical Operations department we have a fantastic opportunity for an Analytical Scientist. As the Analytical Scientist, you will be responsible for performing routine daily operations in the GMP analytical laboratory, this will include routine calibration of the lab equipment, performing HPLC, FTIR, UV, Dissolution & KF analysis and performing one or more of NGI, ED, PSD. Also developing, optimising and qualifying analytical methods to support testing of a wide range of dosage forms, this will include writing analytical method qualification protocols and reports and documenting laboratory activities in write ups There is always a fresh challenge, offering graduates and experienced scientists the chance to develop their expertise within the cutting edge of Pharmaceutical Science.
- Actively participate in day-to-day lab activities & participate in general lab maintenance tasks
- Analytical support to IMP manufacture and release
- Analytical support to formulation and screening groups
- Analytical support to method development and validation under supervision
- To evaluate data and contribute to problem solving under supervision
- To train/mentor staff
- To represent Analytical Services on projects
- Help maintain sample submission system
- Ensure the lab is well stocked and resourced
- Perform job responsibilities in compliance with cGMP and all other regulatory agency requirements
- Operate the HPLC, Dissolution and associated systems in compliance with documentation e.g. SOPs
- Carry out duties in accordance with the companies’ health and safety policies
- To maintain your own training record and to discuss needs with your line manager
- To employ the principle of continuous improvement and a basis of teamwork in day to day activities with colleagues
- Undertake any other duties as requested by management
- Flexibility to work outside of normal hours and to do shift work as and when required by the company
- Flexibility to take on other cross functional responsibilities based on company
This role is based at our Reading site.
This role is open to graduates. Also candidates requiring part-time hours considered. The successful candidate will have a good working knowledge of HPLC and Empower data acquisition system and have experience of working within a GMP laboratory environment. You will be reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated as well as having excellent communication skills both written and verbally. Strong IT skills and experience of completing documentation with a high degree of accuracy is also a must.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK at the time of being offered employment.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.