UK ~ Nottingham
Head of Development
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 700 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Clinical because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Quotient Sciences have an exciting career opportunity for a Head of Development to join our Pharmaceutical Development team. In this role, you will be responsible for defining and managing the formulation development and technology transfer of drug products into Quotient Sciences.
As the Head of Development you will line manage members of the Development team and will be accountable for project delivery up to IMPD submission.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Managing client interaction from initiation of projects to ensure customer satisfaction and delivery with pharmaceutical sciences activities
- Provide technical project management oversight on a portfolio of projects including management and mitigation of risk
- Support the designing, monitoring and update of project Gantt charts
- Escalation point for any technical, quality and resourcing issues
- Writing, review and approval of development plans, protocols, reports and lab write ups, and client updates
- Coordination and supervision of formulation and process development activities
- Ensuring smooth transition of projects from development to GMP operations
- Responsible for mentoring, training and developing the team
- Deliver continuous improvement projects
- Participate in global work streams
- Enhance Quotient Sciences scientific reputation through presentation at conferences, publications and participation in scientific or industry bodies
- Minimum degree level qualification in pharmacy or chemistry related discipline
- Extensive experience in CMC product development or as a study leave
- Line management experience in a Pharmaceutical R&D laboratory
- cGMP experience will be an advantage
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.