US ~ Miami
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 700 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
- The Pharmacy Technician works under the direct supervision of the Pharmacist.
- Assist the Pharmacist in preparing study drug dispensing logs, labels, pharmacy binder and dosing binders.
- Receives drug orders and verifies lot numbers/quantities and maintains records.
- Verifies the dispensing of study medications.
- Maintains orderliness, neatness and cleanliness of Pharmacy.
- Completes weekly cleaning of the pharmacy clean rooms.
- Maintains Pharmacy temperature/humidity records as well as refrigerator and freezer temperature records. Temperature wheels are changed weekly on Monday.
- Assists the Pharmacist in the maintenance of crash carts and verification of inventory and expiration dates. Completes weekly Breakaway Lock verification.
- Maintains inventory of all pharmacy supplies, non-prescription medications and personal care items kept in stock.
- Prepares drug returns/expired/outdated drugs for destruction.
- Assists with other duties as assigned.
- Assists with any other duties as assigned.
Additional Tasks and Responsibilities
- Cross Training in Archiving
The job may involve the following:
- High concentration of work
- Strict deadlines
- Having to multi-task
- Working in a hazardous environment with a requirement to follow safety procedures
- Working outside normal working hours
- Needing to respond to client demands
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Detail and task oriented.
- 2 year college or technical degree preferred.
- Registered with the state as a pharmacy technician.
- Ability to follow directions and prioritize effectively.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Pharmacy Technician with aseptic compounding.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Computer literacy and Microsoft Office Proficiency.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate evening and weekend hours if needed.
- Certified pharmacy technician preferred
- Hospital experience preferred.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.