UK ~ Reading
Junior Data Verification Group Scientist
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 700 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Due to an increased number of projects within our Pharmaceutical Operations department we have a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Data Verification and Documentation Group Scientist. As the Junior Data Verification and Documentation Group Scientist, you will be responsible for providing support for Analytical Services by writing specifications and certificates of analysis for APIs, excipients and packaging materials, liaising with contract laboratories to obtain quotations for chemical and micro testing, organise timelines, dispatch samples for testing, reviewing results obtained from contract laboratories and prepare certificates of analysis and performing practical work as required. There is always a fresh challenge, offering you the chance to develop your expertise within the cutting edge of Pharmaceutical Science.
- Assess and write specifications/test methods for API, excipient and packaging release testing.
- Obtain quotations for analyses to be subcontracted
- Negotiate timelines with sub-contractor’s
- Raise purchase orders for contracted work
- Pack and dispatch material
- Verification of data from sub- contractor’s
- Prepare certificates of analyses
- Performs job responsibilities in compliance with cGMP and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Work in compliance with documentation e.g. SOPs.
- Carry out duties in accordance with the companies’ health and safety policies.
- To maintain your own training record and to discuss needs with your line manager.
- To employ the principle of continuous improvement and a basis of teamwork in day to day activities with colleagues.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by management.
This role is based at our Reading site.
The successful candidate will have BSc, MSc in the field of Pharmaceutical or Analytical Chemistry. They will have experience of working within a GMP laboratory environment. You will be reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated as well as having excellent communication skills both written and verbally. Strong IT skills and experience of completing documentation with a high degree of accuracy is also a must.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK at the time of being offered employment.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.