UK ~ Reading
Facilities and Health & Safety Co-ordinator
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 700 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Due to our continued growth and success a great opportunity has arisen for a Facilities and Health & Safety Co-ordinator to join our Facilities team based in Reading. In this role you will be responsible for supporting the Facilities Manager in ensuring all building services are maintained to an appropriate level and that specialist working environments are fit for purpose. In addition, you will be responsible for supporting the Director, Health, Safety & Site Facilities in ensuring a safe working environment for all employees and visitors.
Other main tasks and responsibilities include:
- To assess potential facilities maintenance issues independently and to propose and carry out suitable corrective actions. Obtain simple quotations for work e.g. equipment / plant repair
- Periodic inspection of facilities and equipment to ensure smooth running of site operations.
- Deal professionally with suppliers. Organising site visits and liaising with them to ensure stock and services are delivered in a timely manner.
- Maintain a system of documentation for the utilities, facilities and manufacturing equipment and maintain compliance with regulatory requirements in terms of calibration, servicing and qualifications.
- Maintain equipment spares and consumables inventory as required for utilities, storage facilities and manufacturing equipment.
- Perform job responsibilities in compliance with GMP and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Operate equipment in compliance with internal documentation e.g. standard operating procedures
Health & Safety
- Assist with H&S training e.g. H&S tours, manual handling, workstation safety, COSHH etc.
- Perform, review and implement risk assessments in conjunction with key internal stakeholders
- Co-ordinate the Workplace Inspection program, training champions in the conduct of inspections, tracking completion of outstanding actions and collation of metrics
- Supervise and monitor the completion of routine H&S checks e.g. fire alarm testing, first aid kits etc.
- Supervise contractors whilst they are on-site
- Assist with the co-ordination of review and update of H&S policies and procedures, and other aspects of the H&S management system, as required.
- Assist with the collation of H&S training metrics
- To maintain your own training record and to discuss needs with your line manager
- To employ the principle of continuous improvement and a basis of teamwork in day to day activities with colleagues
- Undertake any other duties as requested by management
- Flexibility to work outside of normal hours and to do shift work as and when required by the company
- Flexibility to take on other cross functional responsibilities based on company needs
- Minimum qualifications – GCSE / A’Level
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a regulated industry environment, preferably working with clean rooms and laboratories
- Ability to carry out minor maintenance tasks, when required
- Basic mechanical, electrical & maintenance skills – fault finding on machinery/buildings
- Previous working experience in a H&S role or keen interest in H&S.
- Working knowledge of the principles and conduct of risk assessment
- Ideally a H&S qualification e.g. IOSH Working Safely Certificate or IOSH Managing Safely (or equivalent)
- Good IT skills, Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skill
- Excellent organisational, problem solving and follow up skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritise effectively, with excellent attention to detail
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.