US ~ Garnet Valley, PA
Head of Operational Excellence
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 800 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
- To identify and manage Operational Excellence projects with the goal of delivering strategic improvements linked to business objectives – reduced costs, reduced waste and improved efficiency.
- To drive a culture of continuous improvement in the company
Main tasks and responsbilities:
- Leads in identification of current processes that need to be evaluated to improve productivity, efficiency and reduce failure.
- Leads collection of data, data analysis and root cause analysis based on in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Utilizes defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Identifies and designs appropriate metrics to demonstrate project progress.
- Conducts presentations of technical information concerning specific projects and schedules.
- Directs cross functional project team(s), including information compilation and information flow.
- Stays abreast of and understands key issues relating to the project(s). Assists team members in articulating strategy and tactics for project developments.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to others. Influences and motivates teams. Demonstrates advanced project and leadership skills
- Demonstrate data & process mindset along with a statistical approach to improvement assessments.
- Teaches modules in Green Belt level training and provides tool-specific training to others on process excellence and six sigma concepts
- Frequently presents to compnay leadership.
- Develops budgets and performs cost analysis to determine project feasibility
- Manages Opex budget
The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work
- Strict and tight deadlines
- A very high attention to detail
- Being able to work effectively within a team environment
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Working outside normal working hours
- Needing to respond to client demands
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in is required. An advanced degree is preferred. Equivalent experience may be accepted.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience experience in the pharmaceutical, medical products or other related industry is highly preferred.
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification is required; Master Black Belt Degree highly preferred.
- Prior experience in leading/managing interdisciplinary or cross functional projects is required.
- Understanding of regulatory processes and prior experience with regulatory filings is highly desired.
- Has demonstrated prioritization and multi-tasking abilities.
- Good computer skills are required.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Project is required; Efficiency in statistical tools like Minitab required.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong organizational skills.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.