UK ~ Reading
Material Science Scientist
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 800 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Due to an increased number of projects within our Pharmaceutical Operations department we have a fantastic opportunity for a Scientist in our Material Sciences Department. As the Material Sciences Scientist, you will be responsible for project development and completion. This will be a client facing role from initiation of programme. This position includes the responsibility and review for development plans and reports, analytical qualification protocol, reports and laboratory write ups.
- Client facing role, supporting the project set-up and delivery.
- Responsible for the delivery of development plans, development reports and project updates to the Project Manager.
- Participate in general lab maintenance tasks including calibration and maintenance of all instruments within the department.
- Writing and review of test protocols and reports.
- Completion of analytical testing to deadlines.
- Laboratory write ups, checking and approval.
- Writing and updating SOPs and analytical methods.
- Completion / review of LIRs and QI/QEs where appropriate.
This role is based at our Reading site.
The successful candidate will have
- Minimum HNC/D science qualification.
- Minimum 2 years in CMC product development or Quality Control environment.
- Experience of performing solid state characterisation. In particular Dynamic Vapour Sorption (DVS), Thermal Analysis (DSC, TGA) and X-ray diffraction are desirable.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK at the time of being offered employment.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.