US ~ Garnet Valley, PA
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 800 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for the sourcing and procurement of high quality supplies, materials and services required to support the various business units at Quotient Sciences, Philadelphia and Miami locations. The incumbent oversees and supervises the sites’ vendor activities and purchasing systems.
- Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies for specific spend categories as appropriate.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop and maintain in-depth understanding of all sites’ operations to determine essential goods and services to support the business needs.
- Aggressively track competitive supplier sources to assure supply of the highest quality and lowest cost materials, goods and/or services in support of operations.
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
- Craft negotiation strategies and negotiate vendor contracts to ensure fair and equitable terms and conditions
- Review and/or write vendor/supplier agreements to ensure appropriate legal terms and conditions on behalf of all sites. Seek legal review as necessary.
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks associated with inbound supply.
- In conjunction with the Group Purchasing Manager develop and administer Purchasing policies, procedures and/or systems.
- Investigate and resolve local purchasing discrepancies with vendors and Finance.
- Supervise and direct the work activities of subordinates to provide efficient and economical service in support of operations.
- Is knowledgeable in the understanding of GMP requirements as it pertains to departmental responsibilities.
- Ensures that all team members comply with quality-related rules and regulations that pertain to the department.
Environmental, Health and Safety Responsibilities:
- Is knowledgeable in the understanding of all EH&S policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all job activities comply with any EH&S related rules and regulations that pertain to the department.
- B.S. Degree in Business or Purchasing
- Seven (7) years purchasing experience in a pharmaceutical or CRO/CMO environment.
- Knowledge of GMP principles
- Knowledge of Customs and FDA importation regulations.
- Knowledge/understanding of INCO and domestic shipping terms.
Skills/Experience Valued but not required:
- Access Dimensions / Focal Point preferred
- CIPS / ISCM or similar certification
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.