UK ~ Nottingham
Our growing and successful business comprises over 800 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Due to business growth, we have a brand new career opportunity available at the site in Nottingham for a Commercial Lawyer in Legal Affairs.
Reporting to the Director, Legal Affairs you will be responsible for reviewing, processing and negotiating commercial contracts with pharmaceutical companies and Quotient’s sub-contractor and supplier arrangements.
You will also be required to provide expert advice on data protection issues to the business, and assist or lead on projects in other areas of business law such as corporate matters, disputes, mergers and acquisitions and property matters.
Your primary focus will be Quotient’s UK business, with increasing opportunity to support Quotient’s US businesses as well.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Reviewing complex contractual agreements, identifying legal issues and best-case solutions with minimal supervision.
- Negotiating contractual issues with third parties in a confident and persuasive manner.
- Completing biennial reviews of existing Master Service Agreements.
- Leading operational projects across a multifunctional team.
- Liaising with the Project Management group to progress the implementation of service agreements with approved subcontractors.
- Working with operational teams and Quality Assurance to ensure appropriate supplier contracts are in place.
- Designing and delivering training in a confident and competent manner.
- Revising template documents, identifying areas for improvement.
- Administration - ensuring that appropriate procedures are followed and undertake SOP reviews and update templates as required. Carrying out routine quality control checks of all contract files periodically to ensure completeness.
- Assist the Director, Legal Affairs as required with data protection and other legal related activities and queries.
The successful candidate must be educated to degree level, be legally qualified (Solicitor or CILEX equivalent), and have at least 2 years ‘in house’ legal experience.
The ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic working environment is key to the success of the Commercial Lawyer. This is a people-facing role requiring you to liaise with clients and senior stakeholders within the business, so excellent written and verbal communication skills and good organisation skills are essential.
Your role will involve supporting junior members of the team, so a collaborative approach and willingness to mentor is desirable.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.